Fey

Regarding unit dialogue modding...

Yo. So, units belonging to any faction past 2 (Ordos) are using the side 2 voice lines because we kinda had to break the game to get non-playable factions working. While there are some things we can do with voice mods, it'd help expand our potential to do some more research on this.
tibed.thumb.png.b9183707ead824bb97a6e705619ee8e8.png
There are only five "reporting" lines, but nine "confirmed" lines. At the moment, changing "confirmed" lines seems to work across the board. Changing "reporting" lines works for one line, and then the other two seem to be untouchable. At least in tibed. So... if we could figure out how to change all the "reporting" lines, we might be able to make some flavorful mods for alternate factions' campaigns.

I've already gone into manual mode, tried adding "Reporting6=" up to 9, but that didn't work. :P

Well, I still haven't figured out a way to change the other unit reporting sounds, but I did figure a way around it...
EVA.zip

The mentat and unit reporting sounds do not play at the same time. Thus, ALL of the "unit reporting" sounds can be replaced with the mentat going "Unit selected." or something. And then the units can have new "confirmed!" dialogue. I just need a variety of voices for those...

Since I have some new voices worked up for the mentat in general, I figure I'd just post them. They're in that zip up there if you wanna check 'em out. Except for the "Unit selected" sounds.

The other reason I wanted to do this is because I'm sick of the Ordos mentat being used for other factions. Having other options is good! Since this is a work in progress, I'd love any feedback. I might re-do some of the lines if they sound off or something. Thanks.

Do you have information on how TibEd overwrites the Dune2000 BIN files? Or any documentation about the format of the various BIN files.

Technically, I could open up TibEd and play with it myself, but if prior research on the BIN files had been done, this process could be much quicker, and I can use the time to look at the executable and see where the data could be loaded and read.

5 hours ago, lovalmidas said:

Do you have information on how TibEd overwrites the Dune2000 BIN files? Or any documentation about the format of the various BIN files.

Technically, I could open up TibEd and play with it myself, but if prior research on the BIN files had been done, this process could be much quicker, and I can use the time to look at the executable and see where the data could be loaded and read.

I am not sure about this. Maybe @FunkyFr3sh can tell you more, since he messed around with the bin files a bit and managed to get a few variables in a rules.ini format which can be edited per mission file.

There are a lot of unknown bytes in TibEd, it would be EXTREMELY useful is somebody figured them out. :)

On 6/28/2020 at 1:08 AM, lovalmidas said:

Terribly sorry loval, but I've only worked with TibEd to make the game do what I need it to do. To a great extent, but still, I am totally unaware of how the .bin files are digested by TibEd.