Sign in to follow this  
Cm_blast

[Release] Butlerian Jihad: Zone Zero - Dune 2000 Campaign

Posted (edited)

Again, I am here to present a new campaign. Yet another Butlerian Jihad related campaign that form a trilogy and goes the final chapter of the whole story... or maybe not.

As the last time, it's highly recommended to play both the Original Butlerian Jihad and the sequel BJ: War Machines to fully understand all the events of the game.

Like those two campaigns, here you will play as the main trio of houses depending of the maps, indicated on the top of the briefing, so you will always know which faction you are playing.

Backstory (spoilers from the two first campaigns).
On the original Butlerian Jihad Campaign, the three main houses were using an artificial intelligence to help them to manage a big scale war. The Emperor used his power to turn all those units controled by an A.I. against their masters. Atreides, Ordos and Harkonnen joined forces to defeat the Emperor, making the A.I. to not have an owner anymore.

Even withouth an onwer, the A.I. still follow a basic programming code: Defeat all the houses. They were much more predictable and easy to defeat, but each day their numbers grown, and not even the superior human tactics could deal with a such disadvantage in numbers. Atreides, Ordos and Harkonnen join once again to disable once for all the A.I. by shuting down the main sever where the code it's stored.

Story
The A.I. are no longer a threat. Unmanned vehicles/Cyborgs have a "auto-target" lock on to target any enemy vehicle that approach, but their factories are disabled, they cannot expand, build or attack anybody. Are easy prey for the three factions that simply conquer as many land as they can before restarting the war for Arrakis once again.

However, the Ordos take advantage of no interventions from the other houses to try to develop a new an improved A.I. one that requires much more testing to be sure that the story doesn't repeat again.

To make things worse. Ixians and Mercenaries are interested on the adquisition of those kind of vehicles. They want to make use of any sort of an A.I., they want to simply sell as scrap those Unmanned vehicles or they have other intentions?

Atreides and Harkonnen, after the two wars, are totally against any kind of A.I. Can these two discover what the Ordos are planning and what it's the reason about Ixian and Mercenaries having those kind of vehicles in their armies?

Gameplay
For this final campaign I tried to present the A.I. as it is: a finished "enemy". Because of that, some maps will show Machines buildings that are that "for show", withouth producing units or anything. Of course, other factions may want those building for themselves.
But, at the same time, vechiles both unmanned and with an A.I. will strengh the attacks of defenses of whatever faction tries to use them, being enemy or ally.

Screenshots
Mercenaries reinforce their defenses thanks to unmanned vehicles
576827642_ButlerianJihadZoneZero01.png.d7449c2df150f21de57ef58a6e60cabd.png

Ixians protect a Machines base to avoid the Atreides to raze it.

555641381_ButlerianJihadZoneZero02.png.2fe953e87ddb31d160850a6fbb88e692.png

The Ordos activate one A.I. To help them against an enemy ambush.

1852348746_ButlerianJihadZoneZero03.png.173ca52136596da872908b4577f41f65.png

FILE

Butlerian Jihad Zone Zero.zip

How to install: Extract the files and move it into the mission folder, then using the mission launcher on the "Harkonnen" section of the menu.

Not needed other extra files, the ones provided doesn't mod the game and, if you already played any other campaign of mine, you probably will have those files already into your game, if not, just overwrite them just in case.

Like the previous 2 campaigns, this is a hard campaign, so if you are not used to play this game, it's recommended to play it on easy.
Also, although I recommend playing the other 2 campaigns first, there is some kind of "almost loop" feeling that, by the time you finish the final map, playing the first map on the first campaign still would make sense.

Edited by Cm_blast

So much sick Butlerian Jihad goodness. :D I can't wait to give these campaigns a run!

1 hour ago, jbil1989 said:

ohh yes i saw new campaign. I will play now. Thank you

Have fun.

Remember this is the third part of the whole Butlerian Campaign, don't miss the second if you didn't played it, this is the final sequel!

I dont finish yet. I'am sick. My stomach very bad :( Today I'am good, I want to play.

Thank for information

1 hour ago, jbil1989 said:

I dont finish yet. I'am sick. My stomach very bad :( Today I'am good, I want to play.

Thank for information

I hope you are better to play.