[Release] Butlerian Jihad: Zone Zero - Dune 2000 Campaign

Cm_blast

Again, I am here to present a new campaign. Yet another Butlerian Jihad related campaign that form a trilogy and goes the final chapter of the whole story... or maybe not.

As the last time, it's highly recommended to play both the Original Butlerian Jihad and the sequel BJ: War Machines to fully understand all the events of the game.

Like those two campaigns, here you will play as the main trio of houses depending of the maps, indicated on the top of the briefing, so you will always know which faction you are playing.

Backstory (spoilers from the two first campaigns).
On the original Butlerian Jihad Campaign, the three main houses were using an artificial intelligence to help them to manage a big scale war. The Emperor used his power to turn all those units controled by an A.I. against their masters. Atreides, Ordos and Harkonnen joined forces to defeat the Emperor, making the A.I. to not have an owner anymore.

Even withouth an onwer, the A.I. still follow a basic programming code: Defeat all the houses. They were much more predictable and easy to defeat, but each day their numbers grown, and not even the superior human tactics could deal with a such disadvantage in numbers. Atreides, Ordos and Harkonnen join once again to disable once for all the A.I. by shuting down the main sever where the code it's stored.

Story
The A.I. are no longer a threat. Unmanned vehicles/Cyborgs have a "auto-target" lock on to target any enemy vehicle that approach, but their factories are disabled, they cannot expand, build or attack anybody. Are easy prey for the three factions that simply conquer as many land as they can before restarting the war for Arrakis once again.

However, the Ordos take advantage of no interventions from the other houses to try to develop a new an improved A.I. one that requires much more testing to be sure that the story doesn't repeat again.

To make things worse. Ixians and Mercenaries are interested on the adquisition of those kind of vehicles. They want to make use of any sort of an A.I., they want to simply sell as scrap those Unmanned vehicles or they have other intentions?

Atreides and Harkonnen, after the two wars, are totally against any kind of A.I. Can these two discover what the Ordos are planning and what it's the reason about Ixian and Mercenaries having those kind of vehicles in their armies?

Gameplay
For this final campaign I tried to present the A.I. as it is: a finished "enemy". Because of that, some maps will show Machines buildings that are that "for show", withouth producing units or anything. Of course, other factions may want those building for themselves.
But, at the same time, vechiles both unmanned and with an A.I. will strengh the attacks of defenses of whatever faction tries to use them, being enemy or ally.

Screenshots
Mercenaries reinforce their defenses thanks to unmanned vehicles
576827642_ButlerianJihadZoneZero01.png.d7449c2df150f21de57ef58a6e60cabd.png

Ixians protect a Machines base to avoid the Atreides to raze it.

555641381_ButlerianJihadZoneZero02.png.2fe953e87ddb31d160850a6fbb88e692.png

The Ordos activate one A.I. To help them against an enemy ambush.

1852348746_ButlerianJihadZoneZero03.png.173ca52136596da872908b4577f41f65.png

New tactical map on the spoiler, don't open if you didn't played the previous BJ: War Machines

Spoiler

Tactical_Butlerzero1.thumb.jpg.228a3048f35a2c57f2d0b91e21763602.jpg

(New Tactical maps included)

FILE:
Butlerian Jihad Zone Zero.rar 
File includes the single mission: The end of the Butlerian Jihad. Updated with a new file name and now appearing at the bottom, after the main "Zone Zero" campaign on the Harkonnen side, completing the campaign.

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip the file and copy every folder into the root of the game.
Any folders included will go to the path that it is suppose to go.
Do not copy any pgn (screenshots) nor the readme.txt (instructions).

Mission launcher 1.2 is required.

Edited by Cm_blast

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I want to make two announcement:

The first one as a generic thing, and it is that I reuploaded every single of my campaigns and missions done by me to be proberly packed to play. This means that right now, the only step to "install" all the campaigns (modded or not) is to unzip the file and move every folder into the root (leaving any .png as these are only screenshots for show and the .txt with the instructions, which also has been simplified) and that's it, every campaign and mission is going to be ready to be played, so it is not longer needed to download the main rar, then some ini updated, then some rebalanced done to missions X and Y... so just 1 single .rar file, unzip, move and it will be fully ready to be played.

Any extra files that are no longer needed since they are included by default in both gruntmods and dunemaster has been removed. Also, if the campaign/mission contain any kind of modded stuff + new tilesets or similar things, those things will be added into the CustomCampaignData folder, which just means that you won't copy the tilesets directly into your game but the launcher will do it for you (so it is not needed to be worried about overwritting anything that was there previosly).

Maybe there is still 1 of 2 works on which it needs a tileset or something similar but as it is not modded it doesn't include CustomCampaignData, or maybe that specific tileset it was already on your game from another campaign, no problem of saying "yes" if prompted to overwrite. Anything that was modified (that will totally affect the vanilla stuff) is in a separated CustomCampaignData, so do not worry.

The second announcement goes to this specific campaign (and the other two butlerians), as I also did the same package; but on top of that I added tactical maps for the whole set of butlerian campaigns. The campaigns itself has almost not changes, only a couple of them were slighly altered for consistency.

The single mission "The end of the butlerian" has been renamed and swapped sides so now it no longer will appear on the "Emperor" part of the launcher but on the Harkonnen, at the very bottom of the three campaigns. On top of that now that single mission is included into this third butlerian campaign download, as it was considered the final mission from the whole story.