Jump to content
aematw

Win10 game starts but doesn't function properly to clicks

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!

I've recently decided to play the game again, had it since around 2000, then lost CD, then downloaded from abandonedwaredos and even upgraded to patch 1.06 (from 1.02).

I patched it in order to get rid of the following problem (which still remains):

When I click dune2000.exe, game starts, but then there's my typical mouse and ingame mouse (small triangle-type) - my typical cursor moves, but in-game mouse doesn't respond. Whenever and wherever I click, I get thrown out of the game (as if alt-tabbed), and when I try to reopen the game - it displays in purple, and green colors. I tried different compatibility modes, but it doesn't help. I use Win10, and about a year and a half ago game worked fine from this same computer, but I uninstalled it back then.

Is there any way to fix this? Is it my PC or game itself?

Any advice appreciated.

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aematw said:

Hello everyone!

I've recently decided to play the game again, had it since around 2000, then lost CD, then downloaded from abandonedwaredos and even upgraded to patch 1.06 (from 1.02).

I patched it in order to get rid of the following problem (which still remains):

When I click dune2000.exe, game starts, but then there's my typical mouse and ingame mouse (small triangle-type) - my typical cursor moves, but in-game mouse doesn't respond. Whenever and wherever I click, I get thrown out of the game (as if alt-tabbed), and when I try to reopen the game - it displays in purple, and green colors. I tried different compatibility modes, but it doesn't help. I use Win10, and about a year and a half ago game worked fine from this same computer, but I uninstalled it back then.

Is there any way to fix this? Is it my PC or game itself?

Any advice appreciated.

Best regards

Have you tried Gruntmods Edition? Since it's freeware nowadays, you can pick up this version of the game:
https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

Which contains a bunch of compatability fixes, and see if any of the video options fix the problem you're running into. GDI mode can fix a lot of things, I've found! If running the normal executable doesn't work, try running the game through Mission Launcher. That's fixed problems for me before, too. Plus, you can use the Mission Launcher to play any custom campaigns you've picked up.

You can find more stuff here:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27756-all-completed-mods-and-tools-index-dune-2000/

Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for advicing me gruntmods! I already tested campaigns and they work as initended, will check what else it offers later!

The most important is it works properly now! Thank you again <3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aematw said:

Thank you very much for advicing me gruntmods! I already tested campaigns and they work as initended, will check what else it offers later!

The most important is it works properly now! Thank you again <3.

Really glad to hear that! :)

No prob, fam. Good luck and have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem with the in-game cursor. The game runs and the keyboard works but the in-game mouse doesn't move. Also, if I left or right click then I get get sent back to the desktop. 

 

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 10:08 AM, Basataan said:

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem with the in-game cursor. The game runs and the keyboard works but the in-game mouse doesn't move. Also, if I left or right click then I get get sent back to the desktop. 

 

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated! 

Have you tried using the GruntMods edition? That seems to have worked for the person who made the original post. https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those with the problems described with GruntMods edition... use the lite version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 3:10 PM, Frogman said:

For those with the problems described with GruntMods edition... use the lite version.

I'd recommend against that as it's pretty out of date at this point in terms of compatibility fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...