Starport varied cost logic

Mustafa Alperen Seki

I coded to Starport varied cost logic on OpenRA today, but i'm not sure what exactly the values for how often the costs reset and what max and min values compared to production cost the buying cost gets in original. Does anyone here know these values?

I used 75%-125% of production cost for buying cost and 1-2 mins for cost reset interval, a random value in those ranges for PR, i think those values are not correct tho.

Edited by Mustafa Alperen Seki

7 hours ago, Mustafa Alperen Seki said:

I coded to Starport varied cost logic on OpenRA today, but i'm not sure what exactly the values for how often the costs reset and what max and min values compared to production cost the buying cost gets in original. Does anyone here know these values?

I used 75%-125% of production cost for buying cost and 1-2 mins for cost reset interval, a random value in those ranges for PR, i think those values are not correct tho.

In Dune 2000 the variation of the costs it's a 25%, and changes every minute (1500 ticks). However the units never cost more than the original production, so the 25% it's the maximum discount. A Combat tank (700 credits) will cost at his lowest 525 credits.

I not sure if the game takes 700 credits as the max value, or just apply at minimun of 1% of discount (so the max would be 693 credits instead).

Edited by Cm_blast

Wanna ask one more thing, as i can't test, would be happy if anyone else can. How the Starport costs acted im multiplayer? Did all the players get same cost at the same time, or did it vary between players? If it was the same for all  players, what about Combat Tanks of different houses, as they are technically different units?

Edit: Whatever, i forgot about the Debug menu. Looks like it did vary between players. I'm not sure about implementing this on OpenRA as is tho. Giving all players same cost at the same time sounds better for balance. Currently Combat Tank's cost vary between players in my OpenRA code tho, as they are different units.

Edited by Mustafa Alperen Seki

5 hours ago, Mustafa Alperen Seki said:

Are you sure there is only discount, i'm pretty sure buying cost goes over the production cost sometimes.

That happens in Dune 2 :P.

5 hours ago, Mustafa Alperen Seki said:

Edit: OK, looks like you are right, i saw missile tank costing $896 tho, 1% min discount doesn't look true.

I used the klofkack editor to change the "CostVariationPercent" to 1 (1% discount), and then I change the "UpdateDelay" to 50 ticks (every 2 seconds the cost changes) so I could run a quick test.

The cost of the Combat tank changes from a Minimum of 693 credits and a Maximum of 699 credits (and all values in between); so seems that always there is some discount using decimals.

Edited by Cm_blast