Dune 2000 1v1 tournament (2016)

Calamityd2k

Hi Commander, 

Ever wanted to know your true powers in Dune 2000 online ? Then read on...

I am organising a 1v1 tournament which will take off on July 1st. It is open for anyone who wants to enter and you can sign up for the tournament by going to this link: http://challonge.com/dune2000 

The above link also provides a broad description of the tournament terms and conditions. These might slightly change during the upcoming month (after your feedback) to make the settings more balanced.

If you have any questions or remarks, please let me know. 

Best regards,

Calamity

On 5-6-2016 at 9:05 PM, Gruntlord6 said:

Is there going to be prizing, or is it a free tournament?

It's free, so the winner won't receive any real life money or something. But the tournament will allow us to create an updated ranking for dune 2000 online players in CnCnet, so you'll have some kind of recognition and fame...

Unfortunately, unlike Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun tournament organizers, we don't have any rich generous people who donate for the tournament. :tongue: 

Making a ranking system over a tournament is such a terrible idea, that i don't even know where to start lol. If you want ranks,do a league at least, where everyone plays everyone. I'm sure i dont have to explain why.

Hit me up if this thing will get rolling and if you would like your matches to be recorded and commentated. Dune 2000 kinda lacks tournament casts compared to ra or ts, and i would enjoy doing it

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FedaYkin said:

Making a ranking system over a tournament is such a terrible idea, that i don't even know where to start lol. If you want ranks,do a league at least, where everyone plays everyone. I'm sure i dont have to explain why.

Hit me up if this thing will get rolling and if you would like your matches to be recorded and commentated. Dune 2000 kinda lacks tournament casts compared to ra or ts, and i would enjoy doing it

It's already difficult to get everyone online at the same moment in Dune because the community isn't as active or crowded as Red Alert 2 or Tiberian Sun, so I think this kind of tournament would be the best option. And I don't think it's such a bad idea to have a ranking from this, because if it would be that bad, then big organizations like the World Cup, Champions League, Europe League etc. (where money plays a big role) wouldn't use this system neither. 

The tournament will start on the 1st of July and it's nice that you are able to record/comment on the matches and we would really appreciate it !

3 minutes ago, Calamityd2k said:

It's already difficult to get everyone online at the same moment in Dune because the community isn't as active or crowded as Red Alert 2 or Tiberian Sun, so I think this kind of tournament would be the best option. And I don't think it's such a bad idea to have a ranking from this, because if it would be that bad, then big organizations like the World Cup, Champions League, Europe League etc. (where money plays a big role) wouldn't use this system neither. 

The tournament will start on the 1st of July and it's nice that you are able to record/comment on the matches and we would really appreciate it !

I don't think this tournament will be operating on anywhere near the scale of the World Cup, so I don't think it's a sound comparison.

Esports have a group stage first,which is exactly what a league is. Basically round robin format. Everyone plays with everyone, that can really show each player's skill. Bracket tournaments alone cant, since i could be the 2nd best player and be unlucky enough to have my first match against the strongest player and get eliminated,while a much weaker player could get matched with a weaker player and advance to the next round. Does that make him better? Also at most the 4 semifinalists can fight for a certain position, the rest get eliminated at the same time every stage, so does that mean they are equal?

Yea ill record them, but starting from july 4th ill start working for an it company so ill only be available at evenings. All im asking is that you organize it better than last time,since it was a complete chaos. I had to wait 1 hour to record 1 match, ppl didnt know who to play with etc. Just organize it well please :D me and others who dont participate can help you controlling it when it happens, since i know its hard to control and host a tournament alone

On 10-6-2016 at 7:40 PM, FedaYkin said:

Esports have a group stage first,which is exactly what a league is. Basically round robin format. Everyone plays with everyone, that can really show each player's skill. Bracket tournaments alone cant, since i could be the 2nd best player and be unlucky enough to have my first match against the strongest player and get eliminated,while a much weaker player could get matched with a weaker player and advance to the next round. Does that make him better? Also at most the 4 semifinalists can fight for a certain position, the rest get eliminated at the same time every stage, so does that mean they are equal?

Yea ill record them, but starting from july 4th ill start working for an it company so ill only be available at evenings. All im asking is that you organize it better than last time,since it was a complete chaos. I had to wait 1 hour to record 1 match, ppl didnt know who to play with etc. Just organize it well please :D me and others who dont participate can help you controlling it when it happens, since i know its hard to control and host a tournament alone

If everyone would play with everyone then the tournament would end in 2017. The current system also shows everyone's skills and it's not based on luck. Did you even read the description which explains the tournament system ?

And what do you mean with organize it better than last time ? This is the first time I host a tournament here and I have never witnessed a tournament in Dune 2000 before. People will know who to play with because it is all set before and they just have to follow my instructions. If several games can be played at the same time, then we can do this too by assigning other hosts. It is well organized but it will be impossible to play the whole tournament in one day or even a week. It's something which can take several weeks, maybe more depending on the availability of players.

There was another tournament in 2015 which was not very well prepared. I wasn't pointing out at anyone with the organization thing, I know this is your first tournament, I'm just telling you what happened last time, not blaming anyone.

Yea my bad, didn't check the challonge description. So yea there are groups, thats good.

17 minutes ago, FedaYkin said:

There was another tournament in 2015 which was not very well prepared. I wasn't pointing out at anyone with the organization thing, I know this is your first tournament, I'm just telling you what happened last time, not blaming anyone.

Yea my bad, didn't check the challonge description. So yea there are groups, thats good.

Yes :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...