Sign in to follow this  
Cm_blast

The Emperor Returns - Campaign for Dune 2000 (old campaign updated)

Hi again, back in time I created a campaign for the Emperor, using TibEd to change some units/buildings to the Emperor house, making the Sardaukar available to be builded and removing the repair pad (and other changes). More information about the original resource in this post: https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26802-release-campaign-for-dune-2000-corrin-house/?do=findComment&comment=388974

Now this campaign have been updated to work with the mission Launcher and newests Dune2000.exe, so right now the player will be truly the Emperor.

The campaign changed a bit, although in general remains the same. In some levels the IA first attack come quicky/later, and the production of units is a bit slower/faster now. Players hardly be seen.

-A core change to the game: The sandworm have been release from his cage. This automatically makes the game a bit harder, just because now your harverster are in danger.

-A Huge change appears in level 3: My first version was about spending 3000 credits, capturing 2 silos, spending the extra money and capturing another building.
Right now the map is almost the same (small changes in the terrain) but the player already have units in the field (3000 credits converted into light infantry & Troopers) and with the initial objetive to capture a refinery, a light factory and then destroying another base in a more active way which requires harversting, building more slowly and defending againts enemy attacks.

-The last change came from TibEd: In general all the changes done before remains. Light factory not available, Sardaukar available since the beggining, etc...
However there are some small changes. For example, the barracks no longer have upgrades (was a waste wasting 500 credits just to have access to the engineer, since you can't train troopers). So the engineer is free to be recruited withouth upgrades.

Finally, the Deviator was totally useless in the map he appears, so I change it.
Once the player have the Imperial Palace (available thanks to TibEd), the player may build the Devastator from the heavy factory AND the Saboteur from the barracks.
The saboteur is the same, he just appears from the barracks instead any palace.

All the information is in the notes.txt included in the .rar

Imagenes here:
Emperor Return 0.PNGEmperor Return 1.PNGEmperor Return 2.PNG

Here the campaign:
The Emperor Returns.rar

WARNING:
Before applying "templates.bin" do a back up from the original game since will change the original game too, making Atreides/Harkonnen/Ordos unable to train troopers until lastest levels (and broken the regular rules from the game). After you are done playing this custom campaign, revert the copy to the original. I added a backup from the original just in case you overwrite without doing any back_up.

Edited by Cm_blast

I took this campaign and I can't. My missions is nothing but yours is a nightmare.

Edited by Dark Wesker

21 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

I took this campaign and I can't. My missions is nothing but yours is a nightmare.

Did you apply the extra file needed to play this one?

14 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

Only Templates. Need more? So, I'm surprised, the mission 4 Easy.

Oh, Ok. I through you was talking how you were loosing in the first level, which without templates is impossible to win.

This is one of my earlies campaigns, so I think is average in terms of "weird things" and difficulty. Abuse the Sardaukar and you'll be fine. There are reinforcements during the game (it's a habit I need to recover in the future).

For mission 5:
a) don't bother with quads until very late/you have 8000 credits.
b) use tanks to crush and you'll survive very easily.
c) build several refineries closest to the spice and have lots of harversters.

Edited by Cm_blast

So, the mission 5 is easy, 6 a little bit hard, 7 and 8 semi hard. The only very annoying sand worms. Now only the last mission is left. But the missions 1-3 is too hard for me. 

Edited by Dark Wesker

30 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

So, the mission 5 is easy, 6 a little bit hard, 7 and 8 semi hard. The only very annoying sand worms. Now only the last mission is left. But the missions 1-3 is too hard for me. 

Mission 1 is about to place the Sardaukar separated and not grouped and let the enemy come to you, with luck you can avoid the tanks to crash your units (and if you place the soldiers separated they won't crash all of them). When the siege tank and the sonic tank appears, the idea it's to split your units in two groups, so the siege tank/sonic tank bullet won't kill all of them.

Mission 2 is just grouping units and moving to the next position. When you see a group of enemies you can click to attack one, and when that's dead, attack the next and so on (or pressing the "G"Guard key). as long as you don't group as 5 men in a square the map should be easy.

And mission 3 is just going to the left with everything, avoiding the harversters so he doesn't crush your units. Using troopers to defeat vehicles and infantry to defeat soldiers, capturing the ref while the enemy harverster is attached (so you stole the harverster too, giving you two harversters) and that's it, split your units, half to the barracks, the other to the light factory (so you protect both sides) and then just build units while defending some early waves. They'll run out of units to attack, and the base is barely defended.

Edited by Cm_blast

The first mission is too large enemy force and hard to defend. The Mission 2 it should not be hard. But too many enemies on the near end. I don't play well...The mission 3 too....it's too fast. Very hard protect/defend two small bases, harvester and etc...

I completed the last mission. But it was very hard. And again, large enemy force... It's hard to defend the allies and yourself.  But somehow succeeded. I don't like the allies have to build a base in a difficult mission. But the mission itself apart from the difficulties is interesting. Liked your idea. And similar to the "Emperor: Battle for dune".

Edited by Dark Wesker

1 hour ago, Dark Wesker said:

I completed the last mission. But it was very hard. And again, large enemy force... It's hard to defend the allies and yourself.  But somehow succeeded. I don't like the allies have to build a base in a difficult mission. But the mission itself apart from the difficulties is interesting. Liked your idea. And similar to the "Emperor: Battle for dune".

I usually abuse Sardaukar and turrets to help me and combat tanks for protect my ally. Also there is spice everywhere, Placing the refineries the closest possible makes it more easy to get money fast. Yes, I know that defending the allies is hard, but I wanted to make the player to actually do something for the AI.

Think this as a "co-op" type of map. Two humans playing this map, starting the mission from zero. Both players recieve the same exact reinforcements at the same time. Both players are attacked by the ornithopters.
So this is not an ally in a diffcult mission, it's just that a noob player joined your game but played so bad that you need to help him :P.