[RELEASE] Frank Herbert: Custom Campaign for Dune 2000

Cm_blast

You're weird xD. This specific map is hard because the enemy attacks for everydirection and because having 2 harversters in the same spice spot they just push each other (so at the end only 1 harverst and the other stay still).

But anyway, good to know that this was a easy map for you.

I don't know why. But it's easy.  In the beginning only one engineer and one trooper attacking me. No more enemies and I had a lot time to defend the base. Maybe something wrong with this mission.

The mission 13 is hard but not very hard.

They have a slow pace, but everytime one AI attack (there are three) the player is going to be attacked for 2 or 3 sides at the same time (or almost, since quads/trikes reach the player faster), also, not 1 engineer, but 3. There are 3 enemies just doing that:sending engineer.

I have to ask. Did you reverted the original "templates.bin" after you ended my Emperor campain?

also, not 1 engineer, but 3. There are 3 enemies just doing that:sending engineer.

Yes, they are nothing to me. Is easy to kill. I didn't expect an engineer for the first time and I lose but I was ready for the second time.

I have to ask. Did you reverted the original "templates.bin" after you ended my Emperor campain?

Of course.  Otherwise I would not be able to play.

The mission 14 is complicated.  Just (very) hard. Small area (where you can build base), many enemies and super weapons. I don't know how to play this mission. But I will try. 

14 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

Yes, they are nothing to me. Is easy to kill. I didn't expect an engineer for the first time and I lose but I was ready for the second time.

Good. I found hard that sometimes I let some light infantry/sieges to cover against the engineers, and then when I am paying attention to other place (an attack, buildings, etc), I loose those units because enemy attacks and by the time I notice the engineer steal one of my refs, otherwise is like you said, only a threat at the beginning, since you don't expect it.

14 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

The mission 14 is complicated.  Just (very) hard. Small area (where you can build base), many enemies and super weapons. I don't know how to play this mission. But I will try. 

Defend yourself with turrets more than with tanks. The area is indeed small, but you should have enough to place all the buildings and at least 3 refineries. There are differents areas to mine, so if you can try to split the refs so the spice last longer, at least at the beginning. Just deploy all the buildings as soon as possible, I mean; if you have only 1000 credits but the repair pad is the remaining building to place, build that instead a combat tank.

The reward for having everysingle building will worth the pain to have all the buildings together.

Just care about the map itself. Can be hard to navigate with too many units, so smaller groups are required.

Edited by Cm_blast

The mission 14 is realy very hard. I need more space and enemies too many. I can't do anything, they do too much damage to me and I lost a lot buildings (defense), money. The harvester is the greatest enemy target. It is very complicated. I don't know how to play this mission. I think on easy mode possible to play.

If you still can continue don't stop. Eventually the attacks will be less opresive, but if you already lost too many harversters then not. Of course, having carryalls and sending the harversters to the south is the best area to mine safety.

Anyway, map is hard indeed. But check how many buildings you have left to build, because maybe you can rush them and with the extra reinforcements given for doing that is enough to you to recover.

I mean, I don'k know how far you are, but if you have everything except the repair pad (for example), try to build it quickly; with a bit of luck you can still survive.

I tried again and this time was much better. It's a mistake to build everything (I know about extra reinforcements and i tried). And that was a failure. I destroyed the base of the south and I build another base. And then was easy.  I was wrongthis mission is possible on normal mode. 

28 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

I tried again and this time was much better. It's a mistake to build everything (I know about extra reinforcements and i tried). And that was a failure. I destroyed the base of the south and I build another base. And then was easy.  I was wrongthis mission is possible on normal mode. 

Good to know that tactic also works for you.

Placing all the buildings works too; just take a good amount of time because first defenses are needed, and with the little room to place buildings can be hard to have everything and move your units around.

Anyway, only 1 battle left :P, good luck. That's much shorter, but I think fits well as the last fight.

Anyway, only 1 battle left :P, good luck. That's much shorter, but I think fits well as the last fight.

The last mission is not easy. The enemy is faster and had a lot money.  It took a long time. But I beat this mission. And another campaign is completed (actually incompletely).

12 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

The last mission is not easy. The enemy is faster and had a lot money.  It took a long time. But I beat this mission. And another campaign is completed (actually incompletely).

Good work, maybeI'll see you in the next one :P.