Ordos Campaign Final Mission Help

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

The final Ordos misson. So there are two maps for it, ORD V1 and ORD V2. On ORD V2, the Mercenaries base is equipped with a Construction Yard.

Do you guys know if the Merc faction's AI actually uses the CY to build his base bigger, or at least replace destroyed structures? I was watching him for a bit but I didn't notice any new buildings placed.

On the ORD V1 map, the Mercs do not have a CY, but the instead have a Barracks.

I am trying to pick the best map based on how the Merc AI functions, and was wondering if you guys knew anything about this

I think I will just pick ORD V2, because the base layout of the enemy factions is the best - I get to sneak into the Emperor's Palace, capture it, and start making Sardukar.

The Ordos campaign is my favorite because of the challenge of keeping the Mercenaries on your side. I have noticed that as long as you are constantly sending in your own units to attack all enemies in sight, and always building more units to keep on fighting, the Mercs seem to stay on your side. But, if you become idle, and do not attack anyone, the Mercs will notice their units are dieing all by themselves, and then that red text will appear, saying "We are taking too many casualties!"

All the IA used in the campaigns are designed to rebuild destroyed buildings, they never build anything new.

Even editing this map and removing all the Harkonnen buildings except the CY, that IA is not going to do anything.

The Mercs becoming neutral It is related to an event in the .mis file. The event determine how many units (in X time) he needs to loose to become neutral.

I read in this forum that the neutral thing is strongly related to infantry/troopers, without counting vehicles, so if the Mercs group 40 troopers and 3 Harkonnen siege tanks goes and killed all in 1 shot, the mercs will become neutral in a sec, but If you play and remaing idle for 2 hours, the Mercs maybe never become neutral.

Ah, interesting, thank you. And in my Mod, I've changed the warhead of Siege Tanks to be less effective versus infantry so they cannot decimate platoons in seconds, plus I've made infantry self heal, so soldiers stay alive a lot better (of course you can still squish them like no tomorrow with Ordos fastest combat tank, lol). In the Ordos second last mission, I managed to keep the Mercs on my side thru the entire mission - me and him were fighting side by side, wiping out all enemy bases, and the Mercs did not once have Red Text appear saying: "We are taking too many causalities!" They definitely took casualties, but they didn't seem to care! I saw them lose a few attack waves to the Atreidies base, but I sent my units in to help them most of the time.

As Cm_blast said, the AI in the campaign maps do not expand their base, only rebuild pre-placed buildings. How ever you can edit the mission and make the AI Merc's behave like they do in skirmish if you edit the AI section. I also was frustrated with the Mercenaries deserting my cause so I deleted the events and conditions that made them surrender :)