Custom texts for custom missions

SilverG

Hi, wanted to know why D2K isn't reading/showing the custom messages (warnings) that I have made through the Map and mission editor.

Checked on use .ini and entered the string ID for the text ex.: 1400 and the custom text. When I'm playing the game, the message that appears is: Mercenaries.

Can anyone help me solve this? Thank you.

Hi, so here's the issue again, I enter the string number for example here 1405, and the text, used the patch .exe from Funkyfresh, but the message isn't implemented, and instead of my text it show Survival Mode.

Please help.

post-60508-0-96747800-1441563037_thumb.j

I added some debug informations, maybe that helps us to find out whats wrong

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/temp/dune2000.exe

You can set the MissionNumber to 0 and it will work fine, if you use any other number than 0 then you will have to create a new .uib file for the ingame briefing, check the mission launcher readme for a tutorial

• 2 weeks later...

I added some debug informations, maybe that helps us to find out whats wrong

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/temp/dune2000.exe

You can set the MissionNumber to 0 and it will work fine, if you use any other number than 0 then you will have to create a new .uib file for the ingame briefing, check the mission launcher readme for a tutorial

I have another suggestion here:

Dune 2000 could also read the Briefing from the map ini file. It would display it when you select Briefing in main menu (instead of looking for it into text.uib). This way, no more crashing, you can set a non-zero mission number and display the briefing from in-game.