Cant play since update

Timmaay

Are you sure this is a error in the launcher? Or is a error shown by the game after the launcher started it just fine?

Screenshow would be nice! Other people had problems too, my suggestions:

Re-Install the game to a clean folder (do not use the same folder again)

Do not apply any other custom patch until you have tested everything with the clean install

Do not apply any compatibility settings

Try to use the Reset button in the config program

Are you sure this is a error in the launcher? Or is a error shown by the game after the launcher started it just fine?

Screenshow would be nice! Other people had problems too, my suggestions:

Re-Install the game to a clean folder (do not use the same folder again)

Do not apply any other custom patch until you have tested everything with the clean install

Do not apply any compatibility settings

Try to use the Reset button in the config program

A screenshot would be appreciated so I could diagnose why the launcher is giving the error (and what it means)

The error message he describes looks like a game error when the failure.txt file contains no text.

Anyways, can you update your installer to clean up the game folder and also remove the compatibility settings for dune2000.dat/.exe ?

Registry cleanup looks like this in my red alert inno setup installer:

[Registry]
Root: HKCU; Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers; ValueName: {app}\ra95.exe; Flags: deletevalue
Root: HKLM; Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers; ValueName: {app}\ra95.exe; Flags: deletevalue

Root: HKCU64; Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers; ValueName: {app}\ra95.exe; Flags: deletevalue; Check: IsWin64
Root: HKLM64; Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers; ValueName: {app}\ra95.exe; Flags: deletevalue; Check: IsWin64