"BlitTSurface" game crash

shai

I've installed the newest version of the GruntMods edition on a laptop, and the game is crashing with an error I've never seen before. Does anyone know what may be causing it, it looks to be related to the resolution. The max resolution of the laptop is 1024x600, and I am playing it on that. Also, the game simply does not start up when it is set to 640x400 or 640x480, but when set to 800x600 or 1024x600 it starts up. 

s7tLnr0.png

When you say it does not start up with 640x400 or 640x480 did you mean you don't even see an error message at all?

And when you set it to 800x600 or 1024x600 it starts up but you get this error?

Did you enable window mode? Did you try to disable the improved FPS Limiter?

you are on windows, right?

Do you maybe have that older high res backgrounds in your foldeR? Not sure if the installer did delete all your old files

When you say it does not start up with 640x400 or 640x480 did you mean you don't even see an error message at all?

And when you set it to 800x600 or 1024x600 it starts up but you get this error?

Did you enable window mode? Did you try to disable the improved FPS Limiter?

you are on windows, right?

Do you maybe have that older high res backgrounds in your foldeR? Not sure if the installer did delete all your old files

When at the lower resolutions, the game does not start up at all, and when at the higher ones, the game starts but when I try to start a match in practice or load a mission the game gives that error. I am using Windows 7 Basic. When I installed it windowed mode was enabled by default, but I turned it off. The FPS Limiter is turned off. 

I checked the files. "UIBB_640x400.R16" does not exist, "UIBB_640x480.R16" was last altered a year ago, and "UIBB_800x600.R16" and "UIBB_1024x600.R16" were last altered the last time I tested it. 

Try 8bit and 16bit with this one: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/dune2000.exe

Do you know remember what version you used before so I can get an idea what has been changed?

Still gives that error. I can't remember what the version was before, but I tried to update the game through the launcher, but it was saying the most recent version was 1.6.1.8 (I guess because it was so old), so I just downloaded 1.6.1.9.1 from the website. Also, I don't know if this is related, but the menus are not centred properly. 

LX3WV8L.png

Oh, that is weird, do you maybe have dpi scaling enabled? http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

Or did you have the old high res patch installed? (you cannot combine multiple high res patches)

My suggestion: Re-install the game to a clean folder, do not apply any other patches after the installation before everything was tested :)

The DPI is set at 100%. I'll try reinstalling it later. I think the version I had installed before did not have the high res patch built in, so that may be it. 

Screenshot looks like the old high res patch applied with 800x600 and then setting the new high res patch to 1024x600. When you change the res of the new high res patch via the config program then the menu should be exactly in the bottom right (no more black on the right side)

That would also explain why any resolution below 800x600 fails

• Upvote 1