The MAG LEV Level (CANNOT FIND) in Platimum

So I got my Platimum CD out about two months ago (RRII Gold won't work on Windows 7 and I didn't want to find an emulator). After beating all the missions ending with Africa (Cario to Cape Town) I expected more. I was caught off guard!

WHY?

Maglev mission.

I seem to REMEMBER a mission on Gold Disc with AN OPENING MOVIE or at least NARRATION.

"Now it's time to take a trip into the near future..."

IS that mission ON PLATIMUM DISC!? Surely it has to be!

Is it a later scenario?

Did it originally have film and audio?

PS: Addictive as EVER! Who needs any other addiction when you have RR TYCOON?

Welcome to the forum! RRTII is a strong game for strategy.

RRTII has two campaigns available in the Second Century and Platinum versions. You need to go to the main menu and start a "Second Century" Campaign, as it sounds like you were playing the "Classic" Campaign. Here you will find more difficult and futuristic scenarios, but possibly it was RT3 you were thinking of with the final campaign chapter "A Chip Off the Old Block" covering an apocalyptic California which has an intro video with some hyper-fast trains. RTII's most futuristic campaigns are based on the premise that steam power would once again become viable in the post-modern world. Even though the RTII Maglev is pretty useless as far as cost/benefit in the game, I like it anyway, hence my user name. Enjoy the game! :)

Thank you Dessert Warrior!

Thanks for the quick reply. I have no idea of ANY other menu. This is what I have at home showing:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/35398-railroad-tycoon-ii-platinum-windows-screenshot-yep-the-menu.jpg

Where am I to click? Single player brings up missions I remember from GOLD (Transcontinental, Orient Express, Post USSR Russia, etc). I thought there may be another "wall" of missions, but I got the ending montage and the congrats from the narrator.

I assume this is the menu you're referring to in your post:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/12741-railroad-tycoon-ii-the-second-century-windows-screenshot-main.jpg

I have no idea of how to get to such a page. 

Perhaps I need to install it? Was that an option when I installed the disc I must have no checked off (perhaps in my mind knowing I wanted to do all the originals first)?

NB: The mission of which I spoke (Maglev in RRII (GOLD) started with the narration and then when playing messages would come up, asking for investment, saying something like, "Conditions now exist causing  belief that Maglev is a real possibility. Do you want to invest? If you don't' you may not have the chance for another five years."

Okay---I clicked "New Scenario" and LOW AND BEHOLD---found Second Century.

I, for whatever reason, thought a new scenario would be starting the game---classic game--all over again.

That's the good news, and a NEW addiction to be sure, but I am still not sure about the missing MagLev mission. It is WAS not in Second Century as I never played this. So...

The missing mission. Again:

NB: The mission of which I spoke (Maglev in RRII (GOLD) started with the narration and then when playing messages would come up, asking for investment, saying something like, "Conditions now exist causing  belief that Maglev is a real possibility. Do you want to invest? If you don't' you may not have the chance for another five years."

It was awhile since I played all through the campaigns, but I am pretty sure that the missing scenario isn't there. Possibly it is a stand-alone scenario as there are many that I haven't played or maybe I forgot about it. Maybe someone else will remember. In the mean time, enjoy the game.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're still here...

You'll be looking for the part of the Classic campaign, called "When Walls Come Down". There's a series of Maglev events, in a very simlar wording. It's not a seperate level though, and thus has no video.