Problem with dutch windows 8.1

Jack1976

Hello,

I am in the need for some help with dune 2000 gruntmod edition.

I am recieving the next error while launching Dune 2k.

It is an translation of the error I got in dutch.....

Cannot find ordinal 3 in DLL-file D:\program files(x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\Dune2000.dat

Hopefully you can resolve my error?

Thank you.

Hello,

I am in the need for some help with dune 2000 gruntmod edition.

I am recieving the next error while launching Dune 2k.

It is an translation of the error I got in dutch.....

Cannot find ordinal 3 in DLL-file D:\program files(x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\Dune2000.dat

Hopefully you can resolve my error?

Thank you.

Not sure what the issue, might be a language conflict between the dutch windows 8.1 and the english executable, but it's the first I have heard of it and as such that seems unlikely to be the issue. Have you tried installing to a different directory or installing without the high resolution options selected? 

Not sure what the issue, might be a language conflict between the dutch windows 8.1 and the english executable, but it's the first I have heard of it and as such that seems unlikely to be the issue. Have you tried installing to a different directory or installing without the high resolution options selected? 

Yes i did installed without the hires and 1080p options. And even tried to install on my laptop also running windows 8.1 dutch version and i got the same issue.

Are there options for me to try out? I did try to reinstall framework 3.5 and 4.5 and it makes no difference.

I hope that you can resolve my issue. And thanks for keeping this game alive!

"ordinal 3"? What was the original Dutch error? (Flemish programmer, here)

The error is rather strange overall; normally Windows refers to DLL files as "libraries", and Dune2000.dat is an executable, and not a library, as far as I know.

Yea, it seems really odd since I have done compatibility testing on everything from XP to Win 8.1 64bit and had no issues (windows 8 installs direct2d when you try to run the game).

I can't see the Dutch version having anything different other then some minor localization changes.

Yea, it seems really odd since I have done compatibility testing on everything from XP to Win 8.1 64bit and had no issues (windows 8 installs direct2d when you try to run the game).

I can't see the Dutch version having anything different other then some minor localization changes.

"ordinal 3"? What was the original Dutch error? (Flemish programmer, here)

The error is rather strange overall; normally Windows refers to DLL files as "libraries", and Dune2000.dat is an executable, and not a library, as far as I know.

Ordinal 3 is in dutch Ordinaal 3. And your findings about the DLL file baffles me also...

But, it didnt install direct2d on setup. I am gonna try to manualy install it. And I gonna report the outcome here.

Thank you for the answers and help :)

I did manage to get it working :)

The problem was to enable direct play ...

Here you can find it :

Control panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn windows features on or off and turn on Direct Play under Legacy Features.

Thank you for the support and help ;) i am a happy dune player once more !!!

• Upvote 2

I did manage to get it working :)

The problem was to enable direct play ...

Here you can find it :

Control panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn windows features on or off and turn on Direct Play under Legacy Features.

Thank you for the support and help ;) i am a happy dune player once more !!!

Interesting, it's always detected that by default for me, glad I was able to steer you in the right direction.