standard missions - some mysteries

Nuclear_harvester

in ordos mission 4 , adding somewhere atreides buldings dont attract smugglers, and harkonnens   ever putting turrets inside  their bases   in mission  editor there is instance that atreides is made   peace with harkonnen smugglers and emperor . if i add emperor base and kill harkonnen - emperor is  selling his base and moving towards me the atreides is dead , no ai assigned.

in  harkonnen mission 6  map 2   adding emperor  base  somewhere  its  spawning in game  another ordos  base and  they are functional (making units , attacking me)

ordos mission 6  map 1 map 2 , placing smugglers in map   display them as "allies"  in mission editor it says they are have peace with ordos. , they  does do notthing possible no ai assigned.

atreides mission 5  adding mercenary base somewhere not make any difference , they build units rare and attacking me rare

i keeped messing around  mis files and found some more things like that. just wondering  why  they decided to keep them before release, in fact  i have orginal dune2000 cd with box and theres some piece of text where you can ally with smugglers.  so i found that   you can  only once in ordos mission 6, but they dont appear on map and they have  no ai (you must  import their stuff  self to make them operate) ..     still thinked why there was need areides for ordos mission 4 and   third ordos instance in harkonnen mission 6  map 2 .(on map 1  there is no additional  house  with ctive ai to add)

i tried to add practice ai to  missions  but they are not um.. well good ,    i want to know if there is possility to disable selling buldings , because  i hate   ai that sell his stuff so i get less points for destroying them. tried  in tibed look for that but not found anything useful.

i think these additional/hidden  ai in normal missions like described  there , they were possible  additional opponent but someone in last moment decided to not implement them at all.

aww there is a one or two more missions with  this tthing with  ai issues

• Upvote 2

i dont see the issue.. its just the way westwood planned the missions.. the reason there are more sides acting as one is that it makes that specific side look stronger and also serve some mission specific reasons like a secondary base for a house

• Upvote 2