Calls for help on "side out of range" error...

FremenReady

Just found out something interesting, thought you guys (and the other map/mission editing guys) might want to know. Another Side out of range error is associated with data missplacement. For example, I have made some space in my SM1M9 mission, moved the silos form the Mercenary/Smuggler/Ordos base to a different location (deleted the existing ones). After I have done so I have saved the map, and started the game.

The "Side out of rage" error was constantly poping up. I got furious, and poked around in the Mission and Map editor for about 30 mins. Deleting walls, wind traps etc, thought it was the issue. Turns out, that there is an option which you can enable, something like "show hidden data" or something like that. I had like six "2052" codes where my former silos were placed, and D2K was trying to place the silos where they didn't exsist anymore.

Just wanted to point this issue out for future Mission making colleagues, like myself. Hope you guys find this info helpful.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I want to fix my Ordos Remake 9b, now is c. But I don't understand what's the problem "next= 60,60, current = 87,111 [gGameTicks = 69644]". But you can play for a little long time this mission. But something is wrong. You can download this mission http://www.mediafire.com/file/z43938ncu634tfi/Ordos_Remake_9c.zip and maybe to be easier to say what's wrong.

2vmQhok.jpg

7 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

I want to fix my Ordos Remake 9b, now is c. But I don't understand what's the problem "next= 60,60, current = 87,111 [gGameTicks = 69644]". But you can play for a little long time this mission. But something is wrong. You can download this mission http://www.mediafire.com/file/z43938ncu634tfi/Ordos_Remake_9c.zip and maybe to be easier to say what's wrong.

2vmQhok.jpg

I can't tell for sure, but maybe there is too much stuff in the map; the game has limits, so when you reach the limit (after a while) the game can't handle anymore.