New Gameplay Style for Dune 2000

D2k Sardaukar

I was playing this great game Faster Than Light (FTL) once again and then it struck me. Maybe this gameplay style can be added to Dune 2000. The gameplay style is that you can at every moment in time pause the game and still give orders and then continue the game to see what happens and again pause to change stuff etc. It's an interesting way of playing, it makes the game more tactical and I was thinking that this might be great in Dune 2000.

One could create a mod that changes all values of the units/buildings (cost, building time, strength, upgrades etc) and have a base that needs to be defended/upgraded - just like your ship in FTL that needs to be kept alive. Or you could use this pause-gameplay to make current Dune 2000 mods even harder. Or you could see it as a cheating function, haha. Either way, I would say, the possibilities are endless.

What I already got working is a trainer that sort of makes the game pause. What it does is change the gamespeed from top speed (F key) to slowest (S key). It is however not perfect, it takes around a second before it goes to the new speed and pausing a game is not the same as slowest speed. I guess more hacking is needed to get Dune 2000 to support a very slow gamespeed, but it's a start.

Download:

I made this using CheatEngine, very easy to 'hack' and cheat with this in Dune 2000, but it can also be used to figure out some stuff in the .dat file.

edit: It's a trainer, so you need to run it besides running Dune 2000.

edit2: Lol, the S key is also stop command in the game. Woops.

Edited by D2k Sardaukar
  • Upvote 3

hey can you make trainer for  money/build speed for  AI subhouses like smuggler mercenary emperor fremen

Increasing money of player is a simple hack and probably been mentioned before on these forums. Doing this for subhouses is harder, also because the location of the value might not be fixed.

You can try to hack it yourself! Just download CheatEngine and follow the tutorial, it's not that hard to find the money and hack it. If you want to patch the real .dat file and export as a mod it gets (very) difficult, but just making a trainer is actually easy with this tool.