Terrain tilesets, making new ones for emperor

darkmage

I am looking at making new tilesets for Emperor. I have just learnt how to make maps it's damn easy. I'd like to make maps for Selusa Secundus and Kaitan. has anyone got an idea on how to do this? I'd also like to hear thoughts on getting some new terrain objects created... I'm thinking of doing a MAJOR mod project taking place on six or more worlds including Arrakis, Caladan, Selusa Secundus, Kaitan, Geidi prime, and Draconis IV. I'd also like to be able to make guild ship missions in the editor for use in this campaign.

Well... Salusa Secundus is a desert place, really, like Arrakis.

And Kaitain is meant to be an ecologically controlled paridise - caladanian?

Can you edit the lighting from the Map Editor? If so, you can easily make them work as above.

I was thinking of selusa secundus as more of a temperate wasteland not so much like arrakis but a cooler arrakis with a blasted landscape with small shrubs. kaitan I was thinking of needs tall sweeping towers and other large palace objects to make it more like the novels.

I will be, as soon as that XBF is decoded.... I've got caligari truespace. i'll be making some meshes soon for kaitan. i've already experimented with making some new tilesets. the level editor does accept new .ini files for terrain sets. I'll be continuing the experiments in more detail soon.

I have been able to make a slightly new tileset. it's not really new but it is useful. I've been trying to make an island level on caladan. but had been unable to make water.... No longer! make a new .ini file in mapeditordataworlds and paste this into it:

newgrass.tga

sea.tga

save and make a new map in the editor using your new tileset. to make water simply use the cliffsea and start carving out your ocean!