editing some missions , proof for dune2k to be unfinished?

Nuclear_harvester

well i started to think that westwood   unfinished dune2k  and release it too often? some missions  are allies  that shouldnt be there,  putting fremen and atreides  in  mission ordos 4,   make the smugglers  not attack fremen , but harkonnen and emperor does it (both red) howewer aftermatch  whole  atreides base is intact while fremens no.  both fremen and atreides have no AI . but they  are not destroyed at all. i noted that  atreides units destroy smugglers units while smugglers not attack the  atreides.

are there around  ANY PRE-RELEASE  dune2000 versions? want to check something

in ordos mission 6 map 2 and map 1 , smugglers are allied with ordos, but smugglers have no  AI.

on ORGINAL DUNE2000  CD BOX   it says that you can be allied with smugglers,  well .. somebody explain 

as said dune 2000 was just roughly made and gave out... as it has no tutorial, ai balance issues, map bugs, no decent editor, released before time, said remake of dune 2 but not even comparable... well half the missions you wont find any ai... leave the game at tht and you put some other ai... well practice ai in my game needs refinary and barrack or theyll sell themselves... ai attacks walls till we damage a building in the ai's vehicle radius(see my emperor mod error reports which will be put up after this week...

ordos mission 1 map 1 and 2 , ordos mission 2 map 1 and 2 , ordos mission 4 map 1.  there are   on mission 1 and 2  an harkonnen and atreides enemies with money n tech level

in mission ordos 4 atreides has level of tech but no money no ai,  and is allied to harkonnen someoe explain these anomalies,  this on harkonnen  newbie missions and atreides too

both    additional AI s not working.  that so bad

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tensor" data-cid="377808" data-time="1356314313"><p>

Are you aware that Dune 2000 wasn't actually developed by westwood? It was made by Intelligent Games developer studio, supervised by Westwood.</p></blockquote>

True. In addition, it's obviously dune2k wasnt finished. There are some text entries related to cooperative campaigns, ability to toggle stealth on/off, even microphone support. You can find all these in text.uib. Game was supposed to be 8 player not 6. Also theres another text entry: "NOTE: This is not the final version of the game" or smth like that IIRC.

About pre-release versions, a guy AmigaBot talked about a friend who played a pre-release version but he couldnt contact that guy. He said the game had coop already & all stuff. If we think logical: why they deleted all stuff in the release version then? Nobody believed him although probably coop & rest of stuff was really intended but probably never finished. From what i know westwood needed a game to release cuz TS wasnt ready at that time and they decided to release dune2k. Not sure if this last piece of information is true though, cant remember where i read about it.

About editors, RA was the only game which had map editor (talking about westwood not ea) and for some reason they stopped adding editors in next games... Bad decision.

he was pulled to wall /forced to delete they wanted bring law because license of dune2000 is not free and reverse engineering is somewhat forbidden. as far as i know that someone visit his house g ave some paper and he has just deleted all thigns regarding dune2k.to not get any problems with law (i think) about microphone use throught dune2k , there was many more,disable concrete use for multiplayer, napalm infantry , something looking like C%c obelisk of light but as turret, they were working on coop missions, they were just orginal from campagin but to play online. what happened? its simple, cop missions was never started and finished. so that why we cannot add buldings to skirmish maps , we cant start multiplayer game throught hamachi with already constructed bases . in shorter words. he had worked on this game, not amiga the other guy. . i can only say that things they did are similar to us, they were just faster. but EA dont give s***t and they ever after 14 years still act crazy. .. dune2k should be released to public but enver will happen , they still think can make money. there would be little solution to ask EA to sell dune2k copyrights , so then we could coplete any progress was going .i a and forgot one thing, there was a idea over there for civilians in dune2k life, but that was never done. you know civilian buldings , in red alert 1 and red alert 2 they are rpesent, dune2k has no any civilian structures or units (not player character) . editors was huge heart stab to EA , other games had no editors howewer some were constructed, for tiberian sun, red alert 1 and red alert 2. also emperor battle for dune, dune 2000 has no any editors , missions were coded manually , no external program, about map production they might have used reworked ra1 editor. but never releeas to public, posssible they get rid of editing stuff when dune2k was finish. on internet there are some pre-release screenshots , not these win dune2k site, i seen some RA units in dune2k. not sure if fake or not, but that make sense. there must be backdoor in dune2k. if someone know what to change in files, can exacly create all stuff . its not hard to add dune2k new units or buldings - we dont know just how. that is it.

as said dune2k was never meant to be a game its just frustrating tht they created a really sophisticated system nd left it to rot... well thts why the imbalance issues thtswhy the ui change while coding thts why deviator gas changes clor and there where few more colors i read somewhere... well who are you talking abt neuclear harvester?? who had to stop?!! never heard tht till now...

the  guy who  worked with amigabot.  . he has closed his facebook account also .. i dont know why they still  haunting players for very old outdated dead game.

they were trying to  improve game again and  about  microphone support is not gone,  its deleted from uil/uib but still exsist in DAT

dune2k had  more  power potential that suddenly was gone , look at ubisoft  , they broke  silent hunter V  , silent hunter 4 and  silen hunter 3.  they alll contain unused sounds/grapchics , many game developpers  releasing  not finished games. its not that  issue. issue is that developpers are too lazy to make good work, maybe they get low money so they give half-alive products.

i have  extracted bin files from data/bin and i dont know why from 1kb files was getting 100mb 150mb  sub files.  with notthing useful inside. ..

i think that we shuld rely on making dune2k java for browser online gaming,  get good server and make  online RTS dune2k.  finding server for hosting it wont be problem, we would get  hundreds of people to play it. ,

about  the  toggling grid on and off, stealth on and off. the dune2000 was released  for  testing and for sale.  testers had mmore enchanced fucntions, when  works were doone devs versions were  gone . they just  patched them and thats all. ,for us is too complicated to  make anything,    we would need disassemble whole dune2000 gam to first parts.  just to try and ractivate  some things. that make no sense, why we need  dev stuff in game,  toggling stealth toggling grids  , would be useless ,   controlling more  played tracks, like repeating them,  wrapping or move it with slider  would  be okay along with microphone / camera support. but you know dune code is so old aged.  ever if we get .c and .h files , we still get notthing.  if you want all features you should get  the testers version of dune2k, thats not possible for now..  reverse engineering  wont help either.

we all can find only ruins of  special functions in dune. hacking whole game to use microphone in  online would be .... silly.

we only need to  add  new missions,  add new units and buldings.  re-enablind  co-op missions would allow players design new multiplayer missions with prebilt bases.    FOR NOW you cant add  ANY BULDING to multiplayer map,  something is filtering maps  and not allowing buldings to be displayed. possible that devs  disabled  them for multiplayer as coopm was not finished. .. for me thing is closed. because we cant do much without external help.   buying dune copyrights would  give us  big help and possible, reanimate old game and give it new life

I said it time ago: its a crappy engine, even for making a skirmish map u need the map file then hacking text.uib to make it appear in the map list.

In maps folder there are the campaign mis files or something like that, cant remember exactly. Maybe thats some junk stuff from the coop.

So, you know amigabot's friend?

the all except  these  templates speed an two other, i extract  the circles.bin techpos.bin  vars.bin  tiledata.bin  used  dragon unpacker unpacking program,

editing vars.bin circles.bin with hex editor cause game to be unstable , making harvester  spice  get tripled doubled ,  starport units  delivery is getting pranked, deliversies after minut 30seconds or evry 10 seconds,   8 ornithopters , 2 death hand missiles at once   over 100 crates on map ,  can also  completly disable repairing of units and buldings,  can cause instant unit or bulding repairs   editing circles.bin with hex editor can change display of  shroud remove by units

they worekd with  kevin and jesper . they both were doing some strange things with dune.  they had  orginal tools,  i dont had  look at their screens, was not involved to their  project. so dont know  all things know only little pieces.

yes i know him a bit, just from facebook ,  but they both  informed me whats going on and they closed  facebook accounts, i had to do same. nice to see that  EA  love to haunt for  outdated dead game.  , actually there was 4 people involved in  it and all of them have closed their accounts. ,

these mis files and maps  in  data/maps are from co-op cammpagin., but  i see that they are normal maps like normal campagin, you need build your base,  while enemies not.  co-op is   good if players use these already built bases or they play for  multiplayer together to destroy the  ai's

orginally dune2000 was going to have 8player  game play throught multiplayer, but they used  bad  networking scriping and  max supported was 6., howewer we can "emulate" and make 8player games but theres only 6 colors for selecting, there was  concrete usage enable or disable, 

the all except  these  templates speed an two other, i extract  the circles.bin techpos.bin  vars.bin  tiledata.bin  used  dragon unpacker unpacking program,

editing vars.bin circles.bin with hex editor cause game to be unstable , making harvester  spice  get tripled doubled ,  starport units  delivery is getting pranked, deliversies after minut 30seconds or evry 10 seconds,   8 ornithopters , 2 death hand missiles at once   over 100 crates on map ,  can also  completly disable repairing of units and buldings,  can cause instant unit or bulding repairs   editing circles.bin with hex editor can change display of  shroud remove by units

they worekd with  kevin and jesper . they both were doing some strange things with dune.  they had  orginal tools,  i dont had  look at their screens, was not involved to their  project. so dont know  all things know only little pieces.

yes i know him a bit, just from facebook ,  but they both  informed me whats going on and they closed  facebook accounts, i had to do same. nice to see that  EA  love to haunt for  outdated dead game.  , actually there was 4 people involved in  it and all of them have closed their accounts. ,

these mis files and maps  in  data/maps are from co-op cammpagin., but  i see that they are normal maps like normal campagin, you need build your base,  while enemies not.  co-op is   good if players use these already built bases or they play for  multiplayer together to destroy the  ai's

orginally dune2000 was going to have 8player  game play throught multiplayer, but they used  bad  networking scriping and  max supported was 6., howewer we can "emulate" and make 8player games but theres only 6 colors for selecting, there was  concrete usage enable or disable, 

We cant emulate it. I edited many .uil files and in theory it was posible to have 8 playerrs over LAN. But tat was the AI bar... When humans joined the maximum available started to decrease with every human player which joins. Unless you are talking about more "hardcoded" modifications than those .uil files, but editing only those wont make it.

no shit ... i mean why the f--- would ea want with an old outdated game... it looks like microsoft all over again try blowing every obstruction and not allowing anyone to touch stuff even if outdated and rotting... well then i'll also try cracking the game... lets see how much i can do... well they got no use of it unless they still got code fragments tht are used in the new cnc games... some basic stuff they dont want anyone to access... well lets say i know people like this... so these guys i mean amigabot's pals are off the grid??

they are out of action. , amigabot was not involved in whole thing.  because he did not  touch anything  behind  "red line" .  he is trying to  find useful things in bin and dat file. he was trying to  memory hack throught game running to  not jcheat but  find memory adress  that  are responsible for specific functions ,  he could force stealth raider to  be uncloaked without reason,  alll he did was  editing something in memory to  create  or simulate infantry/turret near raider. , he tried to find other things including controlling two bases , but  all he could do  was hijacking  single  group of units instead of  using deviator. he had nice progress but useless for us.  in other words amiga was trying to hack the game to  force it to go other way than should. i once seen  in atreides mission 4 he did changed many adresses values and  whe atreides carrayal was dropping units they were  fremen not atreides,  but carryal was blue not grey .  he played  mercenary campagin without   the patch to game but  had to disabkle  sound in game with -s command,  he could drive  as  fremen as emepror as smuggler or mercenary withou modding dat file.  , all could with sound  disabled , if enabled then crash. he did more progress   in 2006 - 2008 years,   he was firestarter of game modding.   he figured out how to make new maps for campagins.  still holding his first maps on my laptop,  their quality is not great , but atleast he could add  bases to all campagin maps. with shai hulud, also there was secondary  map editor  med2k and domination d2k map editor,  he used the shai hulud as domination and med2k were crashing on this. ..

for now i think vars.bin  was  something more than now.   orginally there had to be something like admin tool  that allowed to tweak amount of crates , amount of worms, spice value  repair  value  or enablind/disabling it  starport delivery time tweaker   harvester  capacity

hex editor   allow me only to modify  spice value (orginally  1 spice  is worthy 100 money,  my tweak was doing 150 oof money.   , can disable repairing ability to  myself and to  AI . can make instant repair  can f flood map with crates  (easy to get free units/money stealth paint for   anything that touch crate.

im still wondering about crates, there was 5 cass of crates,  pre-release dune allowed to  "train"  tanks/infatntry  , i mean promotions that  give  firepower/strenght/speed like in other cnc games,  this was feature for dune2k but was deleted  and i think know why, game was developped in too fast time. not all coding was functional they aded useless   features that just destabilised game ,in final release they did remove  all things ,   including 4 types of crates, (they were  other color)

why i stick to vars.bin ??  simple - very strong editing ability,  still not found all  posssible functions,  circles.bin was used to  shroud  settings, possible  shroud regeneration was  here - but taken away.

IMPORTANT FINDING

as  amigabot was using  shai hulud map editor  for modding maps, i have got it  back and  ...  shai hulud map editor  treat .mis files like .map , because copied content from mis file  was creating light infantry for  campagins,  he could   just get some light infntry from mis file :D ,

he was trying to get  the use for  campagin bulding adding, but   game was giving some  crash at skirmish when adding  .mis content to .map file using shai hulud.  actual map editors crash when trying to open mis file, while shai hulud  NOT CRASHING  on opening mis file.

i have reproduced this and  it does crash the skirmish game, possible that it collide  with  some function? god knows,  it crash after  unshrouding  area where i put mis  content on map.  , if i got crate with shroud removal,   i could see the area with  MIIMAP  bu if i try  browse with units,  it crash the game.  but radar display  BULDINGS , grey buldings,something like base , but cant see ebcause of crash

i have played 8player game online,  you made the 8player patch, but there was another.  but was  too buggy for multiplayer , you know  no color to select and game was crashing with  disconnection error.  only one way to have 8players  was to  edit dune2000.cfg ii have played  long time ago. maybe year or two  ago.  game was very good. ,

And btw, I think you are actually amigabot.. ur style of talk + some certain words spelling... You look exactly like him, and you seem to know every single thing he made in his life. If i got it then I am pro, u have to admit it ;)

If u indeed are him harvester, no point to hide behind this nick. :D

Now some useful info for the topic: those coloured types of crates are from C&C Sole Survivor.

precisely wht i was thinking but i dont know how amigabot talks but nuclear harvester how do you know soo much... its like you and amigabot were stick together share everything pals... also if bin files are so important which is the best way to break in...well been reaserching about the dat file and i dont know more thn it was constructed in visual c++ or something.. which i dont know for sure... and when you open it with normal programs networking mena which i never saw before pops up... and icons of different sizes also... doesnt tibed use bin file??

He talks exactly, EXACTLY like amigabot. He says lots of stuff which sounds weird... People told me amigabot lied very much so if harvester is indeed him watch out and dont believe everything: i dont say harvester is lying, just a posibility :) if u made all those changes would you mind to upload a bunch of screenshots or even better some videos? Doesnt matter if video will be laggy, we just wanna see all the stuff u mentioned (such as those different shroud shapes).