Dune 2000 Crash upon completing final mission

therichardkt

Faulting application name: Dune2000.dat, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x366fb75d

Faulting module name: Dune2000.dat, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x366fb75d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003d33b

Faulting process id: 0x730

Faulting application start time: 0x01cda97351525717

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grunt Mods Studios\Dune 2000\Dune2000.dat

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grunt Mods Studios\Dune 2000\Dune2000.dat

Report Id: e2e516e3-1566-11e2-ba25-f46d0465719d

Hello, I'm having the above error message in my event viewer everytime the final mission of Harkonnen is completed, right after the movie is finished/closed. This is on a Win7 HP x64 computer, which has before too long ago, done this mission many times without error, but due to a hard drive crash recently and having an SSD installed into the computer as the now only drive, it won't go to the high scores screen and simply crashes without an error code so I have to open up the event viewer and scrounge for the code there.

Attached to this post topic is also a copy of my windows 7 system info, if anyone is interested in delving in that and seeing if there's an incompatibility issue.

As shown, I'm using Gruntlord's version of Dune 2000 patched to the latest version, so if Gruntlord sees this maybe he might know what's going on.

Thanks to anyone who can help me fix this.

sysinfo.zip

It's caused by the GruntMods version itself, there's no problem with your pc. I know it cuz it crashed for me too some time ago when i was using it, at the end of every single campaign . Why? I'd say its related to their survival mode or some "mission 10" system they tried to develop.

Why would u prefer to loose the mission select mod and get rid of the crash? That crash is harmless, its at the end of the campaign.

Anyway the mission select mod can be installed manually later on, so you can try. Also, u might try to get other version of dune? For example our online hamachi community is providing a patched version, with all the shit u need to run on win 7 and to play online. I doubt GruntMods works online, and if it does, it may be incompatible with our games since we use the patched version.

• 2 weeks later...