Error/bug in one of the Ordos missions

True

Hi guys!

In Ordos Chapter 2 and the first mission where the Tilexeu is attacking the home world of Ordos Im constantly getting a bug that makes it impossible to complete the mission. That is, successfully! The bug appears at the very end when the timer runs out and the Tilexeu is making an final effort to destroy the Great Hall (which you are ordered to protect at all cost). But after you shoot the incoming big spider looking bugs which is making huge nuclear explosions, all that is happening next is constant triggered explosions where the spiders are supposed to show up. Its like instead of respawning spiders, its respawning explosions! It goes like this *Boom* 1 min *boom* 1 min *boom*... untill finally an actual real unit is spawned instead of an explosion, but after you kill that one as well, it just starts all over again, and it just goes on and on.......... I can never progress in the game untill this shit is fixed! This reminds me of the Command & Conquer compilation where I couldnt progress on a late Soviet mission even though I did everything correctly, but I just kept failing. Its annoying as hell and takes away all pleasure of playing the game. Its like I can just forget about the Ordos now and concentrate on the Atreides instead because I simply cant move on!

So I was just wondering if you guys have had this same problem, and if you managed to find a way to fix it? All answer will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

True

Haven't encountered that bug myself, have you checked if you've patched the game to the latest version? Tried restarting the mission and playing it over again?

As for the Soviet mission you've mentioned, was it the one where you need to capture the Chronosphere for the first time? Because that one is a bit tricky IIRC, for plot reasons.

Haven't encountered that bug myself, have you checked if you've patched the game to the latest version? Tried restarting the mission and playing it over again?

As for the Soviet mission you've mentioned, was it the one where you need to capture the Chronosphere for the first time? Because that one is a bit tricky IIRC, for plot reasons.

Umm, no I havent checked if I have the latest version. But I can try google for it. Yes, I have played the mission over again and the same thing happens.

Yes, its the capture of the chronosphere, but I dont think its the first time. Its when I have to destroy all communication before I can send an engineer to capture the sphere... Well I did that, and after Ive captured it, it just says "mission failed". The developers screwed up plain and simple, but at least it doesnt happen in the orignial Red Alert game I have.

No worries, I downloaded the latest patch and Im now able to proceed with the game. I had to start all over again though, but it doesnt take much time and effort at all to get where I was at. The game is so easy untill the very last mission when they are sending all they got. It goes from extremely easy to extremely hard. Thanks for the help.

I'm happy you've solved your problem :) As for Red Alert, I don't remember quite clearly as it was a lot of time ago already, but I think that under some condition the player is supposed to lose even though everything is done according to the objectives. At any rate, Red Alert is not devoid of bugs and mess-ups, just as any other Westwood Game probably :)

• 4 weeks later...

The Capture the Chronosphere mission is known to be bugged. Restarting it is sadly the only solution.

Personally I found it hilarious to use the Iron curtain on the Chronosphere after shooting it to red health, and actually succeed in capturing it that way, and then see the next video of Stalin raging on about how I failed.