Maps in Zip Files

Hi I wonder if there is someone out there who can help me with a small problem . For some reason I can not figure out how to get maps that are in a zipped file to load into RT2 or TSC. Can someone please tell me how . Thanks Ironheart

Some computers come with a zip program.

If not, I believe you can still download a Zip program for free.

Just search "Zip program" Most maps are in a Winzip format. But other Zip Programs will often open other zip files.

For some reason I can not figure out how to get maps that are in a zipped file to load into RT2 or TSC.

In Windoze XP or later, you should be able to simply dbl-click the zip file to open it like a folder. Then you should be able to drag a file out of it and drop it wherever you want. Maps should be placed in the maps folder under your RRT2 installation folder. The zip file itself should be left elsewhere so that the game won't try to open it.

• 1 year later...

A suggestion.   At one time I would "drag" a zipped map to the program map folder.   I don't do that any more, as I had moved a number of scenarios in such manner, and that leaves open the 'oringinal' folder without the unzipped map.    It is better to "COPY" the zipped map to the "Maps" folder, and then "PASTE" it.   That way your original unzipped folder stays in tact.  ;)