Thanks Hawk

If you're talking about that spammer; that's my pleasure. I despise those morons.  >:(

I generally stop by here at least once a day. Every morning when I get up I grab a cup of coffee and make my rounds to about 7 different forums before I get started on whatever project I'm working on that day.  8)

• 9 months later...

While Spammers seem to be very active theses days, I wonder just how much of a threat they really are to this forum.

I know they are looking for hits to place them higher on Goggle search engine.

I'm not sure how much information they are able to collect from The Terminal if any.

Within the board we can send a private message to each other but few members allow them the use of their e-mail for contact.

They do cause me extra time removing their posts when what a spammer posts is not tolerable.

Of the three moderators, I am the only one that is still active. 

Any comments from members would be helpful.  I fair number of forums have just shut down.  What are our options? 

straight spam isnt a threat but some spam will be to try and get visitors to go to malware laden sites.

other spammers are looking for dead sites they can take over to send more spam or for sites they can compromise if they have software vulnerabilities.

Where is the sites owner nowadays? no posts for a long time.

I don't know where Jessie the owner ended up.  It has been a long time since I've heard from him.

The other fellow seems to have made it very clear he is no longer interested in moderating the site.  I don't know who he is.

The Site program managers seem to keep the site well maintained and up to date, as far as protection from threats are concerned. 

I believe they still service many clients.    I have no contact with them.  That is Jessie's part.

I believe Hawk dropped his RT2 site for lack of use.  (understandable) 

I'd like to keep this site  up and running as long as possible.  ???  :-\   

I still enjoy the game.  But I do see its' end, being not too far off.

Thank you, Silverback, for the time you spent to give me a heads up, concerning a spammer's post. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update ------------------------------

I'm still watching for spammers especially those that give bad links in the open.  I haven't had one of these for a number of weeks now. 

Over the last year I've removed about 5 or 6.  Only one came back a second time.  So I banned both him, his computer and the server he used.

I do get a number visitors each day who don't sign up to post.

I get between 1 and 4 new members each day.  Very few of them post.

Over the last 6 or 8 months, a few of the new members do add what looks like personal spam, But, most of it relates to their own RR web sites or businesses.  All of these members put their personal spams into their profiles and have not caused anyone a problem.  I guess these are not normally called spams.  But since I'm painting with a broad brush, I have called most of them spam.     

The member e-mail addresses have been blocked, If it works as expected, no harvesting of email addresses can be done by spammers.

The on-site personal mail may or may not operate.  I believe it will. 

I do see one possible problem, but it is an in-house problem that doesn't involve the membership at large.  I'm working on it.