The Two Obamas

This article pretty well sums up my feelings about Barack Obama.

I could live with one of these men as President.  The other one scares me to death.

Since I tend to put my credence into actions and not campaign rhetoric, I'll let you figure out which one I think we're about to get.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/openingargument.php

Rob

WORDS OF WISDOM FROM RONALD REAGAN

" Now, no one feared government's tendency to spend and tax and become the oppressor of the people more than those who built this nation. They had lived with the anxiety of a collapsing currency and runaway inflation, and that's why the Founding Fathers gave us that remarkable Constitution that placed so many checks and balances on government. But they also wisely provided for an amendment process through which later generations could perfect the constitutional system. Well, the performance of government in the last few decades shows the Constitution needs a little perfecting, and the people need a lot more protection from the fiscal transgressions of government ."

I prefer the one who walks away in defeat.  There are too many "it seems" in that text to harbor any real trust.

It seems, his comments that the Constitution doesn't fit today, is one to many, "it seems".

I heard today that a My Tube video shows a woman saying that with Obama as President, she won't have to worry about paying for gasoline.  She won't have to worry about paying her mortgage and other statements.  It seems, she has been mesmerized by Obama with a lack of responsibility.

Gwizz:

You may have seen or heard that women on UTube, I heard her on the nightly news (I forget which channel I was watching at the time, I flip around amongst all of them).

Now, Obama has never promised any such thing.  But people are going to vote for him because they believe he is going to do just that.

WORDS OF WISDOM FROM RONALD REAGAN

Gwizz,

Do you have a url or citation to this quote? I didn't find one with a quick google search.

You may want to be very careful with quotes from Reagan. I have noticed that a great many things have been attributed to him since his death that he didn't really say by those who wish to build a "cult of personality" or maybe a "aura of myth" around the man. I'm not certain how to describe these people who still adore this man (think of Sean Hannity here).

I heard today that a My Tube video shows a woman saying that with Obama as President, she won't have to worry about paying for gasoline.  She won't have to worry about paying her mortgage and other statements.  It seems, she has been mesmerized by Obama with a lack of responsibility.

My Tube? It's probably from www.youtube.com which is a flash video site but I doubt we'd be able to find this one. Youtube has become the 'great political equalizer' since 2006. It allowed millions of constituents to watch their representatives makes fools of themselves and decide whether or not to re-elect such a person. I'm thinking of George Allen's poor choice of words when Jim Webb ran against him for the US Senate seat in Virginia.

--Ray.

Now that's what I call comin' through for me! :) Thanks!  :)

Now to defend the woman... I think she had been interviewed just after hearing an inspirational speech by Obama. He really gave her hope to look to the future rather than despair over a hard life yet to come.

Let's face it. I would probably sound just as stupid after hearing any political speech too. Especially if I were that moved by it. Any normal American would be that way.

--Ray.