ACORN and Obama involvement.

That was a CNN report.  I was kind of surprised to see CNN print this.

I did a goggle search on CNN on Obama - ACORN.

This is the goggle site.  I don't remember which ones I looked at. I looked at a number of them.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=CNN+obama+ACORN&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

This is an interesting CNN video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmoVp0FcCnI

I had a question answered when I heard this morning that over the last 20 years ACORN has supplied the workers for key voting precincts and at the end of the day were able to vote for people that didn't show up to vote.

My question was if false names were used to register people to vote, how did these not-real-voters vote?

When we worked the poles, I didn't think anything about records being identified by how people would vote.

Now I see it was needed so ACORN people didn't cast a vote for the wrong person. 

Gees, this Democratic fraud was right under my nose and I didn't recognize it. 

Gwizz:

Remember, it is the Democrates who oppose voter identification.  Somehow, proving who you are when you vote is "intimidation."  Forget that just about everything you do today requires identification, like cashing a check, using a credit card, driving through the gate of a military installation, entering a federal building, checking into a hotel, getting on an airplane or AMTRAK.  The list goes on.

Showing an ID to vote upsets the Democrates, who seem to see nothing wrong with voter registration fraud.

Oh well.  I'm approaching retirement.  I'm beginning to relish the idea of Obama supporting me in the lifestyle to which I've become accustomed, since I'll no longer be one of the 5% he wants to take money away from to give to people who vote for him.  Imagine, watching my entire tax bill disappear, and having Obama send me a check every month.  I'm joking of course, but I do believe that is what is going to happen.  Retirement is beginning to look better and better.

I just heard on the radio that ACORN turned in 5000 new voter registration forms in Lake county Indiana.

The election department started to verify these names.  They check the first 2100.  Everyone of these 2100 forms were fraudulent.  We the tax payers are paying for this Democratic group to steal the electron from us.

I just had a thought. I had heard that Acorn was paying people to register people to vote. I bet they're getting taken to the cleaners with that. :)

The good news is that if someone registered 1000's of fake names, that they would still have to show up at the polls. People who don't exist won't be able to do that. The down-side is that the names will be on the lists so someone could try to vote illegally with one of those names. If the person doesn't have an ID, they shouldn't be able to cast a vote. I bet that sounds funny coming from me, eh?  :) Of course the little blue-haired old ladies need to ask for it. I voted a few times back in the '80s and early '90s in Pennsylvania where it wasn't a requirement to have your ID.

--Ray.

Ray:

I've been a resident of Louisiana since 1993, and Louisiana does require identification, or at least Beauregard Parish does.  I'm less sure of Orleans Parish, since even the Democratically controlled Senate agreed Mary Landrieu won her initial Senate seat with fraudalent voting, and then seated her anyway.  This was 1996 (I think), and frankly, nobody (including me) particularly wanted her Republican opponent to win.  She hasn't been a bad Senator, but if would be nice if she had won fair and square instead of resorting to Tamney Hall (aka Chicago Daly and New Orleans Long) tactics.

As to payment, that it isn't even new.  That charge goes back to the founding of ACORN nearly 40 years ago.

Ray, you and I tend to disagree on most things, but I do respect your opinion.  I actually have voted for a few Democrates for state offices, the House and the Senate (including Landrieu).  Still, I think it says something about a political party that thinks it needs to stuff the ballot box to win, and doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong about.

If the Democrates are so unsure of winning a fair election that they feel the need to cheat, then something is seriously wrong with their position.  If your policy positions don't win in a fair fight, then those must not be the policy positions supported by a majority of LEGITIMATE voters.

Oh well.  I'm sure Obama is going to win.  So sure that I spent Friday at our downtown office filling out my retirement papers, and reading all of his tax proposals to figure out how to maximize my "income" when he takes over.  It looks like if I can get hired on teaching a few undergraduate courses until I complete this damn Ph.D., my after tax income (since I won't owe any taxes, and will likely get a rebate check from Obama) will come close to equallying my family's current take home pay.

If the Democrates are trying to get a large mass of dependent voters who continue to vote for the party with the greatest handouts, they may well be succeeding.  Even I'm thinking about it.  After all, why not?  Why should I bust my hump so Obama can take my money away from me and give it to other people?  The idea of being one of those other people is starting to sound good.

I fear for the future of my sons, my grandchildren, and this country.

Rob

Rob, I don't know how true this is, but I heard that the Democrats in congress on average are much more wealth than the Republicans.  If Obama is going to take money away from the rich and give it to the poor, how is he going to get the Democrats in congress to vote for the laws needed to do this?

This morning I heard that Ohio ran new voter cards through their computers and 200,000 names had irregularities.  They ran from: the wrong SS# to the wrong address, etc.  The Election department said they were unable to verify that many names.  So, one of the election officials went to the Supreme court and in what must have been a record time for a decision for this liberal court, it ruled all 200,000 could become voters without verification.

Another scary comment that I heard today was that in states that have early voting, they can decide who the electoral collage votes will go to even before election day.  I think they said in depends upon a percent number of the early voters that will represent what the final vote will be or something like that.  I know Obama has been trying to get his supporters to vote early.  Now I can understand why.  Obama is a lawyer and lawyers are taught to set up scenarios to help them win their cases. 

ACORN activities are just so irritating, I fear for the loss of our freedom in this country.

Another comment:

Hawaii is dumping their socialized medical program after only 7 months.  They said it was bankrupting the state.

It is the same medical program that Obama wants to promote nation wide.  Hawaii is one of the most liberal of our (or Obama's 53?) states and they couldn't make it work.

Gwizz:

You really must learn to get your facts straight.  The Sainted One has told us we have 57, not 53.  I guess he thinks Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guantanamo Bay, Guam, Micronesia and I can't think of a seventh are states.

Or maybe he's been hanging out with John Kerry again, and got confused by Teresa's 57 Heinz brands.

Seriously, what I thought was a real indictment of Hawaii's health plan when I read the article in the news this morning was the statement that people who HAD insurance were dropping it for the free state provided insurance.  Duh, who'd of thunk that?  Everybody but a liberal would have "thunk" that was exactly what was going to happen.  And they act surprised that it did.

ACORN activities are just so irritating, I fear for the loss of our freedom in this country.

Remember, Acorn is an organization that registers voters. These "voters" have to be approved/processed by the state. If these people don't exist, they won't be voting. Yes, there is fraud and at least one person has been caught but not everything Acorn does is wrong. There are many chapters of Acorn that hold to the letter of the law and report what they think are fraudulent forms. Also please remember that Acorn is required by law to turn in every last form even if they know they are fraudulent.

Acorn isn't the problem here. Republicans lying about Acorn on the radio and elsewhere are. Don't believe them. They are lying to you and trying to suppress the vote by creating a boogie man out of Acorn.

--Ray.

Ray:

You wrote: Acorn isn't the problem here. Republicans lying about Acorn on the radio and elsewhere are. Don't believe them. They are lying to you and trying to suppress the vote by creating a boogie man out of Acorn.

On that I have to disagree with you.  ACORN employees are routinely convicted of voter fraud.  Almost every case of voter fraud anywhere in the U.S. in the last 48 years that resulted in a conviction has been of a Democrat.  You do know that Daly openly bragged about rigging the election in Chicago in 1960 to get JFK elected?  Historians agree that he did just that.

It is isn't "voter suppression" to prevent duplicate and fraudelent voting.  Democrates seem to think that is perfectly ok.  Republicans don't.

It is isn't "voter suppression" to prevent duplicate and fraudelent voting.  Democrates seem to think that is perfectly ok.  Republicans don't.

Rob,

Everyone thinks duplicate and fraudulent voting is a bad thing but this is about duplicate and fraudulent registrations and it's not the whole organization that's a problem. The States have to do their part here. Some individuals have committed fraud and where it has happened it's being investigated by the authorities. Hopefully these people will be caught. Not all of these people are from Acorn either. I hope they are prosecuted but to think that the whole organization is bad is another thing entirely. The Republican Party are trying to suppress minority voting by demonizing all of Acorn. It's a really ugly thing but apparently all's fair in politics.

Acorn is required to turn in all registrations. This includes the fraudulent registrations too. Some Acorn chapters even flag forms that they think are suspect. The States are required to verify the identity of each voter and that means they have to check every form, every address, and every phone number. This is why there are cut off deadlines for registrations. The States needs time to verify all new registrants. It's the States that have to control the duplicate and fraudulent voting by keeping duplicate and fraudulent registrations from being processed.

--Ray.

Ray:

With the exception of your attack upon the Republican party in your last post, I do agree with all that you say in your last post.

That said, the Democratic Party does have a long history of voter fraud.  Some Republicans have certainly been guilty of it as well, but the overwhelming number of convictions for voter fraud are of Democrates.  There is a trend here.

I am all for one person one vote, and fully support that every person legally entitled to caste a vote should be enabled to do so.  Fraudelent registrations make it far too easy for people to caste multiple votes, particularly in areas that do not require voter identification, something else opposed by the Democrates.

I am not suggesting a national level conspiracy on the part of the Democrates.  I do believe some Democrates have an ethical problem, and see nothing wrong with cheating the system to win.  They have been caught at it too many times.

Rob

I heard that on average one out of every 3 of this years one million + voter registrations turned in by ACORN are proving to be illegal or irregular in some way.  Election departments are finding it impossible to process the tremendous number of forms turned in at the last minute by ACORN.  Fraudulent judges are thus allowing many of the illegal names to be allowed to vote without being varified.

Friday, we went up to visit my youngest daughter and our youngest grandson.

We stopped on the way to pick up an absentee ballot for my wife and I picked one up as well after seeing what was looking very suspicious to me.

I found the experience very interesting.  As I have stated before the State of Washington convicted ACORN's local leadership two years ago for voter fraud committed 4 years ago.

Yesterdays experience:

We entered a busy voter registration building. The training of poll workers was being conducted in another smaller building across the parking lot.  In the big building, There was a phone bank with about 150 phone operators looking quite busy. There was maybe another 150 or so workers involve in various activities.  There was maybe 100 more people doing nothing but sitting around the entrance to the building only exercising their eyeballs.  After two tries,the third greeter we came to was finally able to help us and gave us the forms we needed to fill out for our absentee ballets.  The room was about 90% full of young people of about college age to people in their early 30s. There was only a few older people.  Many people were filling out voter registration forms, were in line, sitting and or other election workers of some type. There was a group of people helping people fill out registration forms.  It looked to me like they were showing them not just how to fill out the paperwork and how to vote but also who to vote for. I hope I'm wrong on this.  These people took their forms to where their information was entered into a computer. and one item of identification with their name on it was requested, a ballet was printed and these people and us, were allowed to vote.  The voted ballets were then collected. 

We did not vote as there was 32 issues on our ballets to be voted upon and we are still unsure how to vote on some of them.  Most people did vote.  Seldom did I see a voter take enough time to vote upon more then one or maybe two issues that were on the ballet.  One voter only slightly opened the ballet to about where the Presidential candidates were listed.  She marked one box and turned in her ballet.  While I could see a ballet being marked I could not see who the vote went to.

While we have been told the voting will be honest this year.  It looked too lacking in security for my taste.

I have heard ACORN pays workers to volunteer to work the polls.  I hope it is not happening here; But I suspect it is.

Let's not forget the Supreme Court's ruling, overriding the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati ruling, allowing the Ohio Secretary of State - Jennifer Brunner - the opportunity to allow voter registration fraud of some 200,000 registrations.

No need to mention her party affiliation.

This is probably the quickest the Supreme Court has ever issued a ruling. Appealed on Thursday night and ruled on Friday.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Max tried to hire a Republican lobby group to lobby Republicans to vote against the bill McCain supported that was designed to head off the coming banking problem.  The bill would have put back the banking regulations removed by the Democrats.  All the Democrats votes against the bill, including Obama.  Yet the bill passed the committee but failed to move ahead against the Democratic controlled congress.

Just an interesting tid bit.

I heard Obama has 500 lawyers ready to jump on complaints of illegal votes on election day.

If that is true, I bet McCain has a bunch of lawyers ready to make the complaints.

I saw an ad by Obama on MSN News today telling his people to vote early.

That is probably wise, as it took our present governor 3 appeals before the Democrats found enough illegal votes for her to win 4 years ago.  I just voted against 3 of the local Democratic Judges that let that happen and without any recourse.  Well 2 years later 4 of the local ACORN leaders were finally sentenced to jail. 

• 2 weeks later...

I heard today that Mississippi has more people registered to vote than there are live people in the state.

Of course, some of these live people are too young to vote and some will never vote.

ACORN's name was mentioned.  But surely ACORN took no part in causing this excess of registered voters. 

ACORN gets fired up.

When I looked at the video above, I thought of your comment that the excitement could trigger that woman's reaction. 

• 8 months later...

Acorn is under investigation.  (A radio news report)

So far massive voter fraud, etc. has been uncovered. 

I wonder if these activities were on the agenda when Obama was training the Acorn leaders

Acorn was among the first to receive some of Obama's stimulus money.

I guess that should read the stimulus money that will be coming from the tax payers pockets when the debt gets paid.