Breaking News! October Surprise!

Ray:

The full report can be found here: http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/DOWNLOAD.pdf

The significant finding in this report is "Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads (p. 8)."

The first finding declared that she violated public trust for firing him for personal reasons (a claim which remains in dispute).  The third and fourth findings are trival and not of any particular importance.

Rob

She made enemy's when she threw the corrupt Republicans out.

I believe that commission was stacked against her.

Or did she just go too far? In the story one of her own republicans said that the investigation was handled correctly.

--Ray.

Read the 207 page report that I posted.

The report (and not the news media) makes it perfectly clear she was within her rights as governor to fire the guy.  The only thing she was faulted for in that report was a belief by the author of the report that she did it for personal reasons.  She has been challenging that since the very beginning.

This is non issue, and if she was candidate for higher office we'd never even hear about it.

The report (and not the news media) makes it perfectly clear she was within her rights as governor to fire the guy.  The only thing she was faulted for in that report was a belief by the author of the report that she did it for personal reasons.

How's this ok? My management can't do that to me. When I was managing my department I could have fired people but not because of personal reasons. My company would fire me without a second thought. I'd call this an abuse of power. Sure you can fire but you have to be careful about how you do it. You have to have all of your ducks-in-a-row in this situation. The way she has been handling herself on the campaign trail is making me believe she is ruthless, unethical and without character (...but that's another thread about republican rabble-rousing. she needs to be put on a leash.). I can see her firing someone for "personal reasons" without a second thought.

This is non issue, and if she was candidate for higher office we'd never even hear about it.

You meant that to be past tense, right. :) Even so, I'd be concerned. There was a local election in my town for sheriff where this came up.

--Ray.

EDIT: fixed a sentence fragment!