Oregon map?

csxt6573

Hello, I'm new to this forum but not RRT2.  This is the only forum I've found that is still active.  I am not very good with the map editor, but I was wondering has anybody ever made a map of Oregon?  I have played the Cascadia map and enjoy it very much but I would like to do something that follows the path of the Oregon Electric Railway.

If there is no such item availible, where do you get the image files for RRT2 to automatically make a map?

Thanks in advance!

Z Man.

I made a map of washington and about 3/4 of oregon.

I just took a topo map and made the map by hand.

You could take a gray scale USGS topo map and crop it.

I've done this so seldom, I no long remember how.

If no one else says how. I will try to re-learn how to do this.

You might try this USGS site:    http://www.topozone.com/states/Oregon.asp

Here is an Oregon map from our map pages I forgot about.

http://theterminal.dune2k.com/?p=rrt2-files-maps&id=365

If there is no such item availible, where do you get the image files for RRT2 to automatically make a map?

If you goto http://www.personal.psu.edu/tss109/railroad/index.html and select the second link you will find information on how to download real satellite data and import it into RT2. (one of these days I should fix those nasty graphics but you'll get the idea.)

--Ray.

I gave this a try, and got a map downloaded, but couldn't get GeoVu to work properly.  Once I select a map to load, it askes what format to open it in.  I've tried them all, but no go. I noticed that your example shows the map file saved as a bin, not a tgz.  Could this be my problem?

Or is there a patch for XP that I missed?  This seems like an old program. 

Thanks.

I noticed that your example shows the map file saved as a bin, not a tgz.  Could this be my problem?

There's yer problem. :) .tgz is a Linux/Unix tarball. Any Zip/Unzip client (e.g, Powerarchiver, 7zip, maybe Winzip too) should be able to open it and unpack the continents.

Try again. I think you will have better results.  :)

--Ray.

Ah ha!  That was the problem.  I went back & selected no compression. (small map)

Then a window popped up allowing me to selet the file type. (bin)

Thanx!

Let us know if that worked correctly for you. I seem to remember that the .tgz has a couple of other files in it but I don't know if they are necessary for Geovu to work. Can you tell that I haven't done this in awhile. :)

--Ray.