Expansion, Patch

I've been looking into downloading the Coast to Coast Expansion and the 1.05 Patch.  What changes do they make?  Are either (or both) of these upgrades included in the jewel case version?  And will it mess with the campaign that I'm in the middle of if I install them before I finish the campaign?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also looking into this.  I have the TR3 game, but never updated it.  I'm getting back into my simulation games these days after not playing them for a while, and I just learned there was a COAST TO COAST expansion and a 1.05 patch.

Is there anyplace to download the expansion (it's huge) without having to register for one of those software sites that want to send a bunch of junk mail?  Or, could someone who has it email it to me?  I just hate to think of registering only to get this patch, and then having all that junk mail and email ever after.

Thanks,

RxR

You can get the expansion and the 1.05 patch at my site. They can be found on the main RT3 page (the link to my site can be found in my sig below). No registration required to download (however, registration is required to post at the forums, but not required to read posts). No advertising what-so-ever. I despise advertising.  ;)

You can also find a bunch of maps and user created extra content; locos, logos, sound files, etc.

The expansion adds a few fixes as well as a few new scenarios. The 1.05 patch also adds a few game fixes. A lot of the user created maps at my site require the expansion and the patch.

There's also work being done on a user created, unofficial, 1.06 patch which will add a lot more flexibility to the game. The latest beta version is currently available and the final version is expected in about 3 weeks.

Don't forget, there's a lot of maps to be found at this site too.  ;)  http://theterminal.dune2k.com/

Thanks, Hawk!

Great site!  Also a great place to come back to for more maps -- I bookmarked your map index page!  Looking forward to installing the C2C and 1.05 patch and trying out RT3 with those installed.  Meanwhile, I've been enjoying RT2 again, building a network to service the various communities and industries.  Too bad I've never figured out how to get anywhere with the stock market in this game.  At least I don't buy on margin and go broke anymore.

Thanks again.

RxR

Gwizz:

That would be great!  I'd appreciate a practical and clear perspective on the stock market.  I read the manual when I first got the game and gave it a try, but I always seemed to lose money and I was never able to keep up with the AI players in building wealth.  Thanks for any help you'd be able to share.  I think part of it is the little help I have found on the internet suggested tactics that to me seem more like cheating.  I'd prefer to play in a way that matches how the game was intended to be played.  I don't believe in manipulating things in ways that would be criminal in the real world (my heart still aches for Martha Stewart).  ;)

RxR

I put the Stock market info in the RT2 general thread.

Thinking about my methods.  I believe they are real world operations. Maybe tycoon methods, but not ones that could get me thrown into tycoon jail.  ::)

Since the AI locos run as well, without me buying oil, sand and fuel, it would be the same as me contracting a service, where the owner of the service takes care of expenses.  Even going deeper in debt than I would, to be able to serve me.  ;D

Most if not all of the Stock market operations are how the market really works. 

I just want to stay out of tycoon jail.  8)