Help with 'wrong disk inserted'problem

Hi guys

Sorry if this is a problem that you've dealt with before(i couldnt find a reference to it in previous pages).

Ive just bought RRT3.It installs ok but when i put in the play disk,the menu comes up but when i click the playRRT3 cursor,windows tells me 'wrong disk inserted'.

Now RRT2 platinum works perfectly on my system,so does Doom3 and all other games i've tried.

I took the first copy of RRT3 and exchanged it but the second copy does exactly the same...i'm not happy >:(

Can you please help me as i want to get playing.

Many thanks

Sam

I have exactly the same problem - also took the first copy back (to "Game" in the UK where it was bought, where they exchanged it without hassle) and the second copy does the same.

I have an HP Pavilion ZD8227 laptop running XP Home SP2, P4 3GHz, ATI Mobility Radeon X600 (128M) graphics builtin and TSSTcorp TS-L532M combination DVD-RW / CD drive. I've tried multiple times to install and launch the game, even tried deinstalling and checking for leftover registry entries (didn't find any - and I DID see them when I went in after re-installing). No dice. This is a serious PITA - if I don't get it sorted I'll be taking the game back to the store (they said they'd give a credit note if I couldn't find a solution).

A google search suggested that this problem also occurred with "Hidden and Dangerous 2" but the links to the forums of course don't work, because the forums are gone from the Gathering site now :( From what I could see in the google search returns, I think there was talk of a registry fix to correct the expected CD-ROM ID for the PLAY disc, is there anything similar for RRT3? I really WOULD like to be able to play this. Thanks for any suggestions...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been recently announced that Pop Top is finally acknowledging the problem and are willing to replace the faulty disks.

Just get in touch with them, and make sure you have your receipt.  ;)

It's been recently announced that Pop Top is finally acknowledging the problem and are willing to replace the faulty disks.

Just get in touch with them, and make sure you have your receipt.

There is NO PopTop.  You'll have to talk to Take 2.  PopTop has been dead for a bit now.

In fact, I 've received a response from Take2

Here :

"I am escalating your call to the sxecond level technical support who will

see if there is a solution to this problem and get back to you as soon as

possible

Please be sure to delete all previous correspondence when replying.  This

will help us to process your response in a more timely and efficient manner.

Kind Regards,

Take 2 Technical Support"

Wait and See...

P  ::)