Trouble Bridging River Near Monterey, Mexico

I am getting fairly experienced now and have found no problem laying a bridge so long as I leasve enough room for ramps and approach at the proper angle.  In the "Texas Tea" campaign game, I can build no bridges over the river that enters the Gulf of Mexico near Monterey.

Can anyone help, please?

Canada, this river is known as Rio Grande and is also the border between the USA and Mexico. If you would like to enter Mexico with your Railroad you will need to purchase the access rights.

If you click on your company and enter the company detail panel you will find a button with a small flag showing (at bottom). If you click on that button you will see the territories displayed and will show you to which map areas you have access to or not.

In this case you can purchase access to Mexico for $1,000,000.00 (at the beginning of the game) but that amount could vary. Once you have access rights you should be able to bridge the river.

Hope that helps.

• 7 months later...

In one of my passes on Texas Tea, the game offered my access to Mexico for $50,000 under the condition that I connect to Monterery by a set day.  My lazy self lost track of time and had to pay a mega-fine for failing that mission.  Want to bet on if I replayed that?