Crashed Trains

Crashed Trains - how do I restore them?  The game will not let me retire or replace the engine from the consist menu. 

Also, I periodically get a message that a given train can not reach a given station.  Although this has been occasionally due to my error, it happens often enough that I am wondering if a crashed train also destroys a bit of the track where it occurred?

The game won't let you replace a crashed train if you say no to the replacement dialog box.  A work-around is to pause the game and look at the consist.  Buy a new engine and it will have the consist of the crashed train.

I'm not certain about the "can't reach station" question.  Did you have the game on pause?  I've seen that then.  It could also be a case of poorly laid track that isn't really connected to the station in question.

--Ray.

• 2 years later...

Usually, if a train can't reach a station, it's because the train is electric and there is no complete electric track, or you could've accidentally selected a city that hasn't been connected to yet (usually a foreign-company's station right next to yours). I also see it come up when I've got the game paused and I buy new trains; they need an unpaused second to teleport to their starting city.

If these don't do it, then you may have an old version or old patch. I highly, HIGHLY recommend buying Platinum (Can be done here, for instance, for $5!) and getting the 1.56 patch. I have virtually no problems with this edition/patch. (Doesn't hurt to look for the updated campaign maps too, which I believe can be found here at the Terminal.)