strategy guide for RT2 Platinum

jugla

Dear all,

I bought 3 months ago the platinum edition of RT2.

In the strategy guide which is included on the CD I only found solution for the

szenarios of RT2 second edition and gold edition.

Does somebody know how I can get some help for the szenarios of the platinum edition ?

I have especially a problem with the "Steiermark 1840" szenario.

Thanks

jugla

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the DREAMCAST edition of RRT2, without a instruction manual, and can't find any info on this version. Every time I talk to somebody about RRT2 they always give me info about the computer version. I have completed all the campaigns but only half of them are silver or gold. I can't finish any of the campaigns that deal with personnel finance with a silver or gold. I need a strategy guide or a manual for this game. If there is anyone outb there who can help me please do. I love this game but am getting frustrated by not knowing how to keep countries happy or to get my stock right. I can make millions on the railroad and buy out other companies, but I can't keep my personnal money right I hope somebody can please help. :'(

The stock market should be the same no matter what version or system you are using.

In a few words:  Watch the trains that are coming to a station.  If they are many and most have a valuable cargo to sell, then the stock will go up in price.  Buy some stock before the trains arrive at the stations.  If no trains of value are arriving for awhile the stock price will go down.  Sell some stock before the price drops and buy it back at a lower price just before the price goes up again.

If a stock is about to split it normally increases in value. A split of 2 for 1 means 2 stocks will be worth more than the one stock before the split.  Buy before the split at the end of the year and after the split, sell some, if it looks like the price will drop.

When you merge an AI try to buy as much of the stocks as possible before the merge.  Remember stock value goes up when stock is bought and the merge value for your RR increases, making it more expensive to merge. 

Stock value drops when stock is sold. 

In a merge all the money you had in the merged company's stock comes back to you as cash. (PNW)

Don't buy too deeply on margin and when selling short because you believe a stock will go down in value, be even more carefull.

Being too deep into margin and shorting stock can be a good way to lose money if the market changes and you don't see it coming.  Watching the trains is one of the keys to success. 

Buy stock at a lower price and sell when at a high price.

Well wrote more then I had planned to write.  Hope it helps.