How can I get my train to appear at the right station?

gnbrotz

I've been playing RT2 Platinum for a couple of years off and on, and have just started back again.  I'm having a problem getting new trains to appear where I want it upon purchase.

If I have more than one section of rail, I can't discover how to make purchased trains appear at the station I want.  When it is early in the session, I have not interconnected all my lines (an in some cases may never wish to do so) so I can't just run them to their intended destination.  I've checked the manual, but can't seem to find any info addressing this.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Not really sure what you are asking but in the train purchase set up a new train is automatically at a starting point.  If you want to change that starting point you need to put in a 2nd station and click on it as a starting point.  I do this alot when I have two big stations such as Detroit and Chicago.  I make up a train from D to C then purchase another train and the last one purchased comes up and I reverse the starting location.  If you are not connecting your track then you must dump the unreachable station when purchasing a train and click on a new starting location on your map.  Hope this helps.

FR

gnbrotz, (in addition what Fundraiser said) when you purchase a new train a routing is automatically set up for you depending on/of the last train viewed or station built (start of the game). When you purchase a train and delete the two stations shown as route you can just leave the train sit there without any destinations if you so prefer. Later you can choose this train and assign to it any route you would like the train to take. It will then start at the first (top) station shown or if you click on the second station, it will start there.

A Very Merry Christmas to all of you.

Thanks for the tips so far.  I'll try to be more clear about exactly what I'm asking.

Let's assume I'm playing a scenario that asks me to connect Albany to Miami, and I begin play with one station existing in each of those places.  I'll start in Miami, connecting a nearby town and creating a short run to begin generating revenue.  As things begin to develop, I'll turn my attention to the north.  However, when I go to buy my first train for up north, it is placed down south with a route similar to my first purchase.  Now, even though I can change it's route, or take it out of service completely, there is no way to move that train to Albany until it's connected to Miami.  I'd like to begin running trains at both ends as I work towards the final connection of the two cities, but I can't get new trains to "appear" anywhere except where I did my first expansion.

Gnbrotz, it looks to me that you are purchasing the trains while in the "run" mode. Try to pause the game and then purchase your trains as mentioned in the above posts. Let us know please what happens then.

If you are not clicking on the top loco icon to set up another route and then buying another loco, you may be clicking to duplicating the first route by clicking on right upper box the most right button to buy a loco to duplicate the first locos route.