New Map: Modern Africa

Just downloaded this but do I need C to C to play it?

Err...I don't know.  C&C was out and I patched to include it when I finally got around to purchasing RRT3 so in all honestly I don't know what is part of C&C and what is not hence I don't know whether or not I included things that only work with C&C.

I guess the short answer is probably.

I'd say that I was proud of myself cos I just got Gold on Expert.  Again solely used Industry method and, in fact, retired at least 50% of the trains belonging to the three Companies (actually 4 cos one wasn't an original, stupid me) I took over cos they were permanent loss makers. BUT ??? ??? ??? when I took the third over I hadn't met Gold requirements. I was still short on PNV and was in the red for PNCash so hadn't even met Bronze. Up came the "World is amazed at takeover" message and next thing up came the "Congrats Gold" message and top place on my score card. So I'm afraid there seems to be something wrong with the scripting in this respect. Funny thing it was correct when I won on Normal. After 3rd takeover I still hadn't the PNCash so I took over a 4th Original Company to move into the black and only got Gold then ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ddu - there's most of the discussion on this on the Gathering forum which is now back on line.  I did really well by starting where there was three cotton farms in close proximity and building a textile mill nearby. It was in East Africa somewhere so you had to spend $1m to get access first. Can't remember much after that except that I mostly built rather than buying farms except late on I bought uranium mines and built a nuclear power plant or two nearby (obviously I was rolling in money then). A Dairy near milk is also a good earner. I didn't rush to extend beyond my original country and never built a railroad line.

You need to get in early buying stock in the AIs and when you take them over its a cheap way of getting access rights even if the AI itself is a failure.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...