MP2 to MAP format

Robbie

It's a bit late in the day for it, I know, but I have got around to doing some map editing and have created rather a good fantasy map for RRT2, if I do say so myself. Its novel feature is an amusing series of headlines which pop up in the newspapers, but the landscape is interesting, resources are reasonably well distributed and the placenames are amusing.

I'd like to upload it here/ I have, however, mislaid the manual for the game, so need adivice on a matter which is probably quite simple. When the editor's Save button is pressed, the map is saved in MP2 format, not in .MAP format. How do I make it into a .MAP file, please?

Robbie,

You don't have to do anything.  The .MP2 is the map file.  Although it is only compatible with RT2 TSC/Gold/Platinum versions of the game.  The original RT2 used the .MAP extension so go ahead and upload the .MP2.

--Ray.

You may already know this,

but it will upload faster if you zip (compact) the map first.

Winzip is a freeware program for home use only, that you can down load.  Search "winzip"

After insalling the zip program,

To zip a map just right click on the map and I choose the 2nd zip option from the top.

This keeps the zipped map in the same file as the original map.

I would like to see the list of RRT2 maps hit 500.