Windows 7 and vista (64 bit)/oldies games

dognutzz

Ok dune was one of the first real/fun RTS(next to Starcraft) game i have ever played and i have very fond memory's of the game and would like to pick it up again. But i have found that on both vista and windows 7 (64) i can not run the installer and this is true for a lot of old 16bit games i love( like Army Men2, Risk, and so on). Is there some kind of installer i can get to convert the games or is there something i can pull for my old XP in order to play them?

And yes i know about: http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?/topic/20906-windows-7-or-vista-problems/ just want to play some more than just dune and if all else fails i will try his out or make my own.

Ok dune was one of the first real/fun RTS(next to Starcraft) game i have ever played and i have very fond memory's of the game and would like to pick it up again. But i have found that on both vista and windows 7 (64) i can not run the installer and this is true for a lot of old 16bit games i love( like Army Men2, Risk, and so on). Is there some kind of installer i can get to convert the games or is there something i can pull for my old XP in order to play them?

And yes i know about: http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?/topic/20906-windows-7-or-vista-problems/ just want to play some more than just dune and if all else fails i will try his out or make my own.

You cannot get the old installer working on those systems, which is why I made my version.

Ok i just found out that u can download a windows XP mode which i think is great it just opens a window whit XP. U can do any thing u could in XP in this window and then alt tap over to 7 in my case.

WARNING!!! : If u don't have a "legit" copy(as in u bought it from windows/a store) i would snuggest not download it the do a check before u download it.

Heres the link http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Ok i just found out that u can download a windows XP mode which i think is great it just opens a window whit XP. U can do any thing u could in XP in this window and then alt tap over to 7 in my case.

WARNING!!! : If u don't have a "legit" copy(as in u bought it from windows/a store) i would snuggest not download it the do a check before u download it.

Heres the link http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

So you would rather download an entire copy of xp and run it in a VM instead of downloading a new installer?

So you would rather download an entire copy of xp and run it in a VM instead of downloading a new installer?

Well considering it takes like 2mins to download, it takes up almost no space at all, it allows u to play other 16bit games, u can play the original dune 2000, and ur link to download does not work soooo......yes yes i would.

Well considering it takes like 2mins to download, it takes up almost no space at all, it allows u to play other 16bit games, u can play the original dune 2000, and ur link to download does not work soooo......yes yes i would.

Considering its the same size as my installer, and the link does infact work fine, if you would actually try it.

http://gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/

Considering its the same size as my installer, and the link does infact work fine, if you would actually try it.

http://gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/

1: theres still all the stuff up above where u can play All 16 bit games and u link just now started working after bunch of people told u it was not working. Then i bring in the fact that the XP mode is 500MB flat so it less the size of ur download and the XP mode is a little more trusting then some random download. All this said ur download is appreciated but some would like to know that there is other ways of getting dune 2000 to work for 7 64bit That and some don't trust some random kid on the internet. With this u know who its coming form and that they will pay for any damages that the program make(if any at all)....just saying.

1: theres still all the stuff up above where u can play All 16 bit games and u link just now started working after bunch of people told u it was not working. Then i bring in the fact that the XP mode is 500MB flat so it less the size of ur download and the XP mode is a little more trusting then some random download. All this said ur download is appreciated but some would like to know that there is other ways of getting dune 2000 to work for 7 64bit That and some don't trust some random kid on the internet. With this u know who its coming form and that they will pay for any damages that the program make(if any at all)....just saying.

No one will pay damages for free software. It would have helped if you had told me which link was down, as I thought you meant the forum link. Regardless, many people would find running the application natively more attractive then running the VM (XP mode requires windows 7, more then 1gb of ram). That said, in cases like you stated, it would be more attactive if you run more legacy games, so thats up to you to decide. The download for XP mode is 483mb if anyone wants it, they can download it Here.

The gruntmods edition has 2 exclusive levels, as well as a level select menu and a 64 bit installer.

If one of there products damages ur pc then it is under there coverage u just have to ask for it. But all this is besides the point i am grateful for ur help just needed to provide what i had found .