Transportation between planets

Emperor Harkonnen

Um... how would they have known when there was "someone needing transportation"? Prescience?

I would assume they had regular schedules. How often they visited is impossible to say. (You'd need to know how many planets there were and how many ships the Guild had to even make an estimate.)

How often do you think the Guild would visit a planet? Would they have fitted schedules or just come whenever there was someone needing transportation.

Unless a planet never imported/exported any goods then Guild visits to planets should be quite often. It's possible that Guild Banks were established on most planets for Houses to pay the transportation costs and make the scheduling arrangements.

I would think that import and export are less than between countries today, due to high transportation prices. I guess planets were more self sufficient than countries are today. Less "globalization".

What kind of stuff do you guys think they imported/exported between planets? Probably some luxury goods (I guess they refered to Harkonnen ale and caladonian wine in the books if I remember right) Also technology and biological stuff from Tleilax.

I

I would think that import and export are less than between countries today, due to high transportation prices. I guess planets were more self sufficient than countries are today. Less "globalization".

What kind of stuff do you guys think they imported/exported between planets? Probably some luxury goods (I guess they refered to Harkonnen ale and caladonian wine in the books if I remember right) Also technology and biological stuff from Tleilax.

I

. . . "Few products escape the CHOAM touch," the Duke said. "Logs, donkeys,

horses, cows, lumber, dung, sharks, whale fur -- the most prosaic and the most

exotic . . . even our poor pundi rice from Caladan. Anything the Guild will

transport, the art forms of Ecaz, the machines of Richesse and Ix. . .

~Dune

Well think how many planets are in the Imperium, and that they would have a vast amount of Guild Highliners visiting not all of the 1 million worlds. Only ones that were populated and had something of trading value, from what I have read Highliners would do trips around the known universe. Junction being their final stop before going around again, they would also have their own routes to take so you would have to sometime get a connecting Highliner depending on where you wanted to go.