MAP MAKERS

um are you using ramp tiles?, just do that between sand and rock (make sure its touching rock not just the cliff tiles)  its the ramp tiles that matter, u can have units climb up vertical edges as long as its designated as a ramp.  Hope that answers your question.  Are you on hamachi? or use MSN? u can ask any question you got there.  I know how to do everything but color wash pretty much.

yeah, and it turns out all screwy, i am still tinkering with it, if you have any other tips let me know, i spend all my time when i am not working at home with my daughter so i am on the computer alot so i can make some maps.

Calthazar is right. If your tanks and infantry can't get to the sand from the top of the rock, or visa versa, then use the ramp tile. Just go to the Tile Tab on the right of the Map Maker Program screen. There you will see Tile Types listbox with such things like cliff, dustbowl, infintryrock. What you want is Ramp which is green. Click it and paint on your map where you want there to be a ramp. :)

Usually there is no need to paint the ramps, but sometime the Map Maker program paints Cliff Tiles where there should be a Ramp Tiles.

If you go to the Zone Tab, I use SandramptalljoinL and SandramptalljoinR for rock entry. They look great because they look like sand has been piled to the top of the rock. Perhaps try that. ;)

Post us and tell how it came out.

i can get the ramp tile to work but it looks nothing like yalls maps. i have the map, if you want i can email it to ya and you can take a look at it and tell me what i am doing wrong. but i put the rock in and the sand, and i put the cliffs in and the ramps leading down, i made one map and played it, but i could not get the cliffs to look right or make the ramps look right.

Well, If it is the appearace of the map that you want, the first thing I would do is set the LOD (level of detail) field to 2. The Map Maker program sometimes for some inexplicable reason resets the LOD to 0. So make sure that it is set to 2 before you Build the map. That will make the map look really great. :D

The second thing you could do to make the rock more details is to insert more red dots that make up the rock. If the rock is already in place, you can inserts more red dots by first clicking one of the red dots that you want to copy and then pressing the insert button. A copy of the red dot will be inserted to the left. The results will be that it will smooth out the rock's edge. Hopefully that will help. ;)