Video Card Does Not Support Required Modes - XP Mode Install

HyJaxLTD

I have FINALLY  :P been able to install things in Win7 64's XP Mode, but now when I go to run the game I get "This video card does not support the required modes" :O .  As to my understanding; this is because of it wantiong to go FULL 640x480 and most video card drivers cant be that 'stupid' any more ::) .

Does anyone know how to install an ATI driver for a Sapp.Tech Radeon x1950PRO?

Is there anyway to install the driver to XP Mode, or a FULL XP Virtual PC that could sollve my dilema?

Is there another way, besides running  8) GruntStudio's 8) new version?  MUCHO PROPS for your work...which I have already installed but Windows 7 is actually interesting...to say the least.

BTW...I had  ;D ZERO  ;D problems getting Windows 7 64 to use Catalyst 9.11 Legacy with FULL Win7 Aero Glass Support as well. (My desktop now does Win7 AND Vista Aero styles AT THE SAME TIME!!!)

*hint-'Compatibility' Tab and the right options  8)

EDIT:  First off in your own words;

I just patched everything and then added the nessasary files from the cd. I also tried to add the mission select screen in to no avail.

Then I just through it in an installer, as those were peoples main problems.

Secondly;

Whats wrong with that version?

Not a thing!

Would still like to know how to make it work as many others have though.  Nothin persoanl, that is some great work and I commend you on the time you must have dedicated.  Im not looking for the internet features to work.

Whats wrong with doing it my way as well ???

Iv seen plenty of others making it work but no mention of how they work around this error I get other than what Iv pointed at ::)

:-X Is there some reason you dont want people to be able to do it this way :-X

---also...why is a .dat file requesting internet access from the start?

I said 'NO...bad .dat file!!!'

...hmmm, Im just sayin now my Security Application is acting strange :'(  Im sure its nothing to do with the .dat file or anything, but HMMMM, Im just sayin...

always Semp'n Fi  :O

the dat is what the game uses, the exe just checks the dat.

Also, I patched my version to include a mission select menu, courtesy of mvi. It was meant to be included in the original, but got deleted somehow, leaving a blank menu space.

What monitor are you using? I had a crt that told me that every time.

the dat is what the game uses, the exe just checks the dat.

Also, I patched my version to include a mission select menu, courtesy of mvi. It was meant to be included in the original, but got deleted somehow, leaving a blank menu space.

What monitor are you using? I had a crt that told me that every time.

I was pretty sure, and really hope I dint offend.  Maybe someone in the area was trying to jak my bluetooth (as far as intermittent security issue.)  I have NP installing and using your app, but at the same time would LOVE to make my own media play.

...strictly for nostagic reasons, of course.

EDIT;  Vizio...but Iv seen YouTube of it running on the Vixio NP.  Im sure its tyring to get the video driver in the app to dumb itself down.  If I cant get XP mode to do it, maybe Ill just install 95 or 98...

I was pretty sure, and really hope I dint offend.  Maybe someone in the area was trying to jak my bluetooth (as far as intermittent security issue.)  I have NP installing and using your app, but at the same time would LOVE to make my own media play.

...strictly for nostagic reasons, of course.

EDIT;  Vizio...but Iv seen YouTube of it running on the Vixio NP.  Im sure its tyring to get the video driver in the app to dumb itself down.  If I cant get XP mode to do it, maybe Ill just install 95 or 98...

Wait, whats this about media? And it may be your tv doesnt support the refresh rate or resolution, my current lcd does not support 1024X768, but it does support 1360x768

Wait, whats this about media?

Its what we old schoolers like to refer as non-P2P ORIGINAL IMAGE MEDIA...ya know, until Sony invented RootKits it was a garunteed VIRUS free way to get things...oh yeah, other than legal Corprate sponsored downloads its the only REAL thing.

And it may be your tv doesnt support the refresh rate or resolution, my current lcd does not support 1024X768, but it does support 1360x768

It has NOTHING to do with the monitor.  The problem has alreadt been traced to NOT HAVING older driver that performs the 640x380.  My monitor will go clear to 800x600 at 60hz...tthe same as the monitors we were initially playing on.  I have SET it to insure this so you dont need to ask if Im positive.

Additionally, if it was about the refresh rate it would have NOTHING to do with a video card error, but more than liekly freeze out or BSOD.

The problem has been identified in other places.  As well, running in the VM the screen res would have ZERO C-A-E.  Next?

Im honestly trying to help you, stop acting like its my fault.

Fine.

The problem from what Iv read in other forums...and here somewhere...is the old way for drivers and the old video modes.  Thats why for those of us with maybe your better VGA cards, or at least cards with MUCH more solid dirvers, supposedly get the error.

My friend and myself have spent a good deal of time tracking this error.  I just am unsure either where to obtain a DECENT copy of maybe the older drivers....or how to install any other driver than the one 'XP Mode' comes with.  If you are unsure how, where, or why; dont take it as something is wrong with your app then wonder why someones is upset for unstable system results and files that both invoke my media player and ask for internet access behind my firewall.  I spend ALOT of time making sure that things ONLY ask for media and IP access under certain standards.  Even if something sint 'registred' it doesnt give me grief unless its outside of access realm...if it goes past my FW and WINDOWS is the one asking about its access I have issues with the app regardless.  If its simply your best shot at it and maybe its some old timey spyware noone knows about sorry  :'(

Anyhow thats WAY off topic but maybe gives you something to work with for a fix then you gotta find it too.  AS so many people make others in forums do...search it yourself and then get back here... ;D