Worm mission the 2nd

Guest Thufir Hawat

Guest Thufir Hawat

Hi all,

I have a problem with this worm-mission (atreides version). The ennemy is to strong! The Harkonnen, the Guild and the Tleilaxu attack my similtaniously at the beginning of the mission.

I don't have even the chance to build up an large enough counter-force! I have conquered the Harkonnen world and there is only one Harkonnen-controled region left on the map. But I haven't beaten the Ordos at all. I think I have missplaned my conquering strategie.

Please help me!

• 7 months later...

Remember to use those elite snipers and kindjal to improve your barracks (remember to upgrade barracks befor sending kindjal in, or they will go wasted). Then first eliminate the living turrets east of your base. Postion elite kindjal on the infantry rock near the passage south east of your base and have some Minotaurs and elite snipers to cover them.

Then, I suggest you focus on the Harkonnen base in the western corner of the map. When you attract their attention, make sure to have several holographic sonic tanks ready. If you guide them, they will be able to eliminate all the attacking Harkonnen units without losing many (if any at all) of your real units. Then capture the Harkonnen base. Build 2 or more devastators and an identical number of carryalls. Lift them from the position of the former Harkonnen base to the southern corner of the map, then to the worm's head. Then kill the worm with the devastators. Do not try to kill the worm by detonating the Devastators- it will be hardly scratched!

(You can probably also do this with Minotaurs instead of Devastators if you like to)