Dune 2000 Campagin Modding Tut

Gruntlord6

Dune 2000 Campagin Modding Tut

By:www.gruntmods.webs.com

In this tutorial, I will show you the basic steps to editing the location of AI units and buildings, as well as your own. Please note that objectives, ai behavier, and other similar data is not moddable yet.

I would like to mention another reminder about .MIS files. Westwood took a shortcut in programming to save time. Rather then create a new house entry for the other factions (only instance I could find was the fremen) they simply edited the .MIS files to replace imperial forces with gray coloured ataradies buildings and gave them a separate AI.

This means that if you bring imperial troops into A4V1, then they will show up as fremen.

Once .MIS modding advances, we will be able to create our own houses for single player.

Getting Started

This will require a knowledge of where units spawn at the beginning of the level.

If you don’t know much about it, trial and error is your best option.

1. Open any mission map on shai-halud. (O7V1 works great)

You will see the map normally, except there will be random worm/spice symbols on the map. Why? They are the unit spawn points. Shai-halud can read spawn points, but it is only meant for multiplayer, so it uses the only spawn icons it has. Don’t be alarmed if these change as you move around the map.

2. Select “select mode” from the check box.

tut1.jpg

3. Find the spawn you want, whether it be a unit or building.

tut2.jpg

4. Press “ctrl+c” to copy the selected unit/building. (Here on referred to as “object”)

5. Find the appropriate spot that you would like to place the object.

6. Press “ctrl+v” to paste. If you are placing a building, keep in mind that you must have enough room for the building, or it will not spawn properly. This is where trial and error comes in.

tut3.jpg

Errors Messages

“Set Pixel On Radar 16” “map object error” “unit placement error”: You have a building that is partways off the map, move it back on.

“Move Unit CP ”: This happens if you do a drastic change to O7V1, the mercenaries have no idea what to do with the reinforcements they receive from the .MIS file. The only fix is to delete _O7V1.MIS, copy _O8V1.MIS and rename it to replace the original.

you have forgotten copyright..i was first who started editing maps...its ok. Notthing happens...afaik still there no way to edit other game components....more effects will be when we edit vars.bin circles.bin  to edit money amount modify dune2000.cfg

you have forgotten copyright..i was first who started editing maps...its ok. Notthing happens...afaik still there no way to edit other game components....more effects will be when we edit vars.bin circles.bin  to edit money amount modify dune2000.cfg

ever one knows you started this.

add smuggler base from a6v2 and a6v1 to o6v1 o6v2 and o4v1 and to h9v1 h9v2 for special effect add to a8v1 to get hard add turrets...remember 3turrets per windtrap......there is mission unplayable  its named test.map  replace it with a5v1 on right down corner add smuggler bases with 3starports 2 heavy and light factory ,barraks.radar 3refinery .... Since ordos not work in a5v1 capture all base and fortify it...then shaw smugglers to enlarge gameplay

add smuggler base from a6v2 and a6v1 to o6v1 o6v2 and o4v1 and to h9v1 h9v2 for special effect add to a8v1 to get hard add turrets...remember 3turrets per windtrap......there is mission unplayable  its named test.map   replace it with a5v1 on right down corner add smuggler bases with 3starports 2 heavy and light factory ,barraks.radar 3refinery .... Since ordos not work in a5v1 capture all base and fortify it...then shaw smugglers to enlarge gameplay

i rendred test.map playable, just changed the .MIS file with O8V1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks, yeah the modded maps are awesome, but for soem reason the ai doesn't know what to do with them on every mission but a4v1, the fremen actually make units and attack the harkonnen, but not like that on every other map, same for all the added mercearies base, if only we could mod the ai.

Thanks, yeah the modded maps are awesome, but for soem reason the ai doesn't know what to do with them on every mission but a4v1, the fremen actually make units and attack the harkonnen, but not like that on every other map, same for all the added mercearies base, if only we could mod the ai.

if you take ai from another mission, there is no ai programmed in the .mis file for that unit. The next step is to tackle the coding of the .mis files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Im using this technique and it does indeed work. Im editing some maps. My main focus is placing ally bases. For example a functional fremen base in an atriedes mission. If you know any tips lemme know

use the .mis file from A4V1.MIS