(US) California Planning to Build Two New Solar Plants

Sounds good. Better to try and fail and learn from mistakes than to not do it at all.

Just like the wind farms California put up in the 1980s are now considered out of date and very inefficient.

Altamont Pass Wind Farm

Tehachapi Pass Wind Farm

San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm

Wind power where I am is apparently very profitable. So profitable that they are willing to put up wind turbines and then transfer the power over 700km into the eastern US seaboard (boston/new york). I still don't understand why they don't sell the electricity here. I guess the gov is giving handouts causing this tragedy of the commons. Even spending millions on new transmission lines to get the power out of province. Which the residents will pay for even though they will not be receiving any of the power.

• 3 weeks later...

Wind power where I am is apparently very profitable. So profitable that they are willing to put up wind turbines and then transfer the power over 700km into the eastern US seaboard (Boston/New York). I still don't understand why they don't sell the electricity here. I guess the gov is giving handouts causing this tragedy of the commons. Even spending millions on new transmission lines to get the power out of province. Which the residents will pay for even though they will not be receiving any of the power.

I missed that before Andrew and that sort of answers my previous question. Now I wonder if other energy projects are in the working for the Eastern States of America.