Nationstates 2 announced!

Dunenewt

Nationstates 2 released!

I know a bunch of you just choked on your wheat flakes, but it's true: NationStates 2 is happening. It's taken five years of discussion, plans, tears, hopes, trials, and floundering, but at last it's come together: I have the right people working on the right design.

Five years ago, I created NationStates in my spare time, never expecting it to find the popularity it has. I actually designed it to be a passing fancy, something you might find fun for a little while, then move on.

With NS2, the design from day one has been all about longer-term gameplay. While the core principles of NationStates haven't changed

• 6 months later...

Anyone been playing Nationstates 2? It's really good, strangely you don't have to do much more than the original but the mechanics exploit your decision so much more. There is a far greater interaction with other states however. As it is still a beta there is no war and a few other factors are missing, but it is still an incredibly fun game.