Vista Service Pack 1 released

Anyone have experience with it? The download size is 435mb (65 mb for home users through windows update), although I think this is if you have new vista computer without any other patches.

Let me know of any problems as I'm sure I'll be getting phone calls if there are.

I remember there were some problems with XP SP1, and SP2 was better although there were some changes not needed (the 1/2 connections being only 10 and not 10,000 or whatever it was).

Download SP1

Windows update should already be sending it to you.

apparently the network throttle has been fixed (wtf were they thinking to throttle network capacity when watching video?). Same for slow file copying/transferring.

List of drivers/hardware that prevents upgrade to SP1

Vista SP1 chokes on widely used Intel chipset drivers

Same chipset my friends computer has.

Updating drivers for non computer people is impossible. To figure out they need a new driver (they never know), then find the appropriate driver (takes research and they actually have to figure out what chipset they have), then install the driver is very difficult. I only know of 1 person out of 30 that updates their drivers, adn that is because they are fully computer literate (more than me). They usually buy computer, do whatever it tells them to do and then complain when it is not working (or use it when it is running 1/2 as fast as it should). Usually when I check, their drivers are 2 years out of date.

And now microsoft expects people to update drivers before getting service pack 1? Vista is only a year old and already making it difficult for people to update.

• 3 weeks later...