Re-enable hacking

mechadragon

The process is actaully quite simple:

[*]1 - Install Dune 2000 on your computer as per instructions

[*]2 - Locate and backup or move the Dune2000.dat file in your dune diretory.

(It's default path is C:WestwoodDune2000Dune2000.dat)

[*]3 - Download and install the patch that updates your copy of Dune 2000 to v1.06.

[*]4 - Replace the new dune2000.dat file that was installed with the patch with the original dune2000.dat.

I recommend that you backup the the new file in case you wish to use the Stealth Raider to it's fullest capacity as the Dune2000.dat file appears to be what controls the stealth capacity of units. Because the Stealth Raider is a feature of of v1.06, it is not accounted for in the old file and thus lacks it's cloak. It does, however, maintain the the heightened attributes that the Stealth Raider posses above the original Raider.

I have not attempted to use this on Westwood Online as of yet, so if you try it, please post your findings here.

I use them to raise the stakes. When I play on LAN with my friends, on occasion I modify the the price, build time, movment rate, and fire rate of the Devastator and Sonic Tank. They become nearly impossible to build, but nearly impossible to destroy as well. We also tend to use instant build to raise the stakes. By being able to erect bases in an instant, you must strike specfic targets on your opponents base otherwise he can rebuild as fast as you attack. The battles that me and friends have played have gone on for 12 hours at a time like this. I guess if you wanted to, you could use them to make it easier.<p>When I initially discovered this little trick, I was attempting to find out if it were possible to modify and add units to the tech tree like with StarCraft. Go to Camelot Systems to find out more about that. I was aware that v1.06 had disabled hacking and was trying to determine which files controlled that feature. It wasn't long after that that I stumbled upon the Westwood Underground and thus, this site. As the my Native American bretheren are fond of saying, "Nothing new under the Sun" I noticed that someone had long since beat me to the idea, but because of Westwoods strong stance on cheating, had gone out of thier way to be true arrogant corporate pests about it and modify the files that needed to be tapped in order to bend the rules of the game. By using my little trick, no amount of reprogramming can prevent the future Dune 2000 players from modifying or bending the rules to do whatever they see fit.

Basically, use the trainers to do whatever you want to do with them. Make it easier, make it harder, or just make it different. You are only limited by your imagination.

• Upvote 1