cant upgrade

i remembered

something that i did with my old 5200 gf when i was trying to install an omega driver..

i had to uninstall the old driver first.. so i did the same here and i think uninstalling cleaned

the card up.. now the new driver is working and bioshock is working like magic on low

settings. (forget about minimum req lol) even my other games like bf2 and enemy territory

are working much more faster and the image is so shiny i wish i updated long time ago.

thank you

yes, i was living in the dark with the old driver 81.98. i tried to updated once but it didn't work

so i gave up on it.. but now after i solved the problem because of bioshock crashing my

graphics card is so much diffrent from before and everything is ruining faster even the

graphics looks better but i still have some questions please :

1_ first i installed the 162.18 driver then i found that the 163.71 beta have more support for

bioshok and qwake was et so i installed it but while installing i got a message that some

driver files in windows are allready exist and its newer than the beta driver and asked me if i wanted to overwrite them . well haw come the files in the 162.18 is newer than the files in 163.71

and which one should i use? here is a log of the event :

------------------------------------------------------------------

source c: nvidiawin2kxp163.71englishnvnt4cpl.dl_.

target c:windowssystem32nvnt4cpl.dll.

the target file exisit and is newer than the source

--------------------------------------------------------------------

what are those files anyway are they importent?

2_ at the driver settings i see this :

_hardware 3d acceleration page  choose  quality or performance

_ quality or performance settings image settings choose quality or performance

now if i choose performance would that make my games faster? or its just a desktop settings thing?

thank you