DVD Burning Software help please.

Ok, here's the deal. i've always used Nero for burning DVD's to play on my TV DVD player. Usually without any probs, I would start Nero Startsmart and select make DVD...add the files,make chapters etc. then burn without a prob. However, now when they are done burning and I go to try them out, the skip and /or freeze throughout the movie.

I've now installed a proggy called ConvertX to DVD. And I just burned Die Hard 4 dvd quality, but this time I converted the movie into DVD files and so far...no freezes of glitches. Not sure if the Media i'm using,but I have always used this Media Verbatim DVD-R 16x discs9(cheap I realize). They have always worked great for me. However I've made about 15 coasters with this new batch I bought. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Scar.

I think sometimes some dvds/cds become coasters (maybe bad batch or something).

Also make sure you are not burning your dvds at full speed! For my new computer I was told to burn at half speed to have less chance of errors or problems. I think my dvd burner is 16x, but I burn important stuff at 8. If you go higher you might run into buffer errors. All depends on the computer and if you are doing anything with it while burning dvds.

I would look into trying Slysoft products for burning dvds. They worked good for me when I used them.