More then 4999 files in a directory (NTFS)

Hey,

I am trying to extract a Bloxbase.r8 file from dune 2000, but it has more then 4999 files, or, to be honest, i don't know since i get a weird russian message. I believe its an error message though.

The point is, i use my Windows computer, NTFS formatted disk. afaik it can only contain 4999 files in one directory. Does anyone has an idea  how to fix this problem? The program wants to spit out a LOT of files, but i want them ALL, not just 4999.

And btw, no i cannot let the program run again and start from image 5000 ;-) (or atleast i could not figure that out yet, i am not russian).

Thanks for any suggestion.

I begin to doubt my statement about 4999 files a directory... since i have read multiple topics on the internet that it should be able to contain more...

FAT16- 512

FAT32- 65,534 files or folders per folder

NTFS- 4,294,967,295

i believe the russian message said "hey, it is done!".

That number of files for NTFS is not a number per folder, it is the number of files per volume.

The FAT32 number of files per folder (65,534) is correct. Logically that would imply that the NTFS limit will not be near 5000. :)