Sicko

Well the newest movie by Michael Moore, "Sicko" hit hard against US medical system. And when CNN was covering it a person came on and said that in order to have liverty one must sacrifice equality, because as Soviet Union showed the two can't be together. He said that in ancient Rome slaves got equal health treatmetn but were not free. My response is that while in Cuba they might not be free but health care there is one of the best in the world.

However the bigger issue I think is the fact that the people who worked on ground zero of 9/11 were unable to get health benefits and had to go to Cuba to get treatment. The US government did not help its own "heroes" (that is how I describe those people).

The lack of ability of US government to react to its people needs is amazing Huricane Katrina, Blackout on East Coast (when some hospitals and other vital services ended up without power).

Western structure is outdated. Power grids, roads etc. Bureaucracy makes many western countries inefficient.

Health care in Canada is available to everyone regardless of wealth/income, but it is not near perfect. People shouldn't have to go to out patience and wait 6 hours to be seen. Or wait several months for surgery. Or have equipment sit idle for 16 hours a day, and instead of hiring people to operate it for more hours to remove any backlog of patients they buy another machine.

Well Canada has health care problems due to the fact that many medical school graduate leaving for US where they get paid more.

Just example of response to natural disasters is the 1966 earthquake in Tashkent when the Soviet Union's all republics responded immediately and rebuild the whole city. So far New Orleans is being rebuild very slowly and clearly people still have problems.

And when CNN was covering it a person came on and said that in order to have liverty one must sacrifice equality, because as Soviet Union showed the two can't be together.

More ignorance and stupidity coming out of CNN and the American media system. Liberty and equality can both exist at the same time. Liberty in America is long gone, it now mostly means that the more money you got the more liberty you get.

My response is that while in Cuba they might not be free but health care there is one of the best in the world.

I'd say this is the biggest thing people point out about Cuba. They are not free, but everything else doesn't cost any/much money. Then, how free are people in the western world? Are we so free that we vote only twice a decade? And on only one of two powerful parties, each doing almost the same as the other? Is it freedom when the poor do one little mistake and spend their entire lives in prison, while the rich can pay off their crimes? Lands where the media are the same and speak the same stuff day out and day in.

Now, we may surely be more "freer" when it comes to saying anything anywhere, but who will really listen? I think people are quick to point fingers at other countries, specially Cuba, to judge them for having no liberty, when in reality many western nations are loosing their own freedoms.

However the bigger issue I think is the fact that the people who worked on ground zero of 9/11 were unable to get health benefits and had to go to Cuba to get treatment. The US government did not help its own "heroes" (that is how I describe those people).

This is pretty sick.

The lack of ability of US government to react to its people needs is amazing Huricane Katrina, Blackout on East Coast (when some hospitals and other vital services ended up without power).

Or perhaps the lack of willpower? Since when did the US government ever care about it's people?

Health care in Canada is available to everyone regardless of wealth/income, but it is not near perfect. People shouldn't have to go to out patience and wait 6 hours to be seen. Or wait several months for surgery.

Good lords, we have the same exact problems over here too!  :O