Thoughts about Mark of the Beast

i am currently reading The Mark (Left Behind Book 8) and  I am often chilled at the fact that the mark is being applied to prove who is loyal to the anti christ and whoever doesnt have the mark will not have the right to buy and sell and will face grave danger.. and i know that it is indeed prophesied in the Bible.

in what form do you think the Mark will take? the books state that it is a chip that is inserted in the skin..

and this is giving me the creeps:

A Wikipedia article about RFID implanted in humans:

Implantable RFID chips designed for animal tagging are now being used in humans. An early experiment with RFID implants was conducted by British professor of cybernetics Kevin Warwick, who implanted a chip in his arm in 1998. Night clubs in Barcelona, Spain and in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, use an implantable chip to identify their VIP customers, who in turn use it to pay for drinks [5].

In 2004, the Mexican Attorney General's office implanted 18 of its staff members with the Verichip to control access to a secure data room. (This number has been variously mis-reported as 160 or 180 staff members. [6])

Many books published about RFID are aimed at medium to large businesses implementing RFID technology to track shipments or livestock; however, until the publication of RFID Toys [7] by Amal Graafstra in 2006 little information was available for the enthusiast. Shortly after the book's publication, the Seattle Center On Contemporary Art [8] hosted a live implant procedure performed on Phillip Beynon, a student from Vancouver Canada.

Security experts are warned against using RFID for authenticating people due to the risk of Identity Theft. For instance a Mafia Fraud Attack would make it possible for an attacker to steal the identity of a person in real-time. Due to the resource-constraints of RFIDs it is virtually impossible to protect against such attack models as this would require complex distance-binding protocols

yup. Folks will have to have a means of ID in the future global state. In order to take advantage of the health care systems, you need the id, to own stock, to buy and sell you need the id. In order to work within the political/economic system you will need it. Most people will desire for it to be concealed and wil have it inside the hands, others who are in certain positions of pwoer will probably have it inside the head. It could also have to do with cybernetics, chips to access a global internet network, to have easy access straight to the brain. It could be all sorts of things. The ideas of Revelation may not be as far fetched as some think. ANd scholars that believe it was simple and apocolyptic text written as a response to Rome as the final great empire may not have been the full truth.

I'm pretty sure the Mark of the Beast will not be IDs. I say this because it is merely a convenient analogy made at this point in time. Also, why would we put ID chips into our hands? I would think a shoulder or thigh would be more logical. It's meaty, and soft. The forehead is a worse decision, too.